Author Topic: Large Spell Law Criticals  (Read 1626 times)

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Large Spell Law Criticals
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:47:21 AM »
Can anyone help? I am looking for large and super large critical tables for elemental attacks (heat, cold etc) similar to the specific large crit tables for krush, slash etc that appear in the Arms Companion. I believe I have come across these somewhere in the past but now cannot find them. Am I misremembering this or does anyone know if they exist and if so where?

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
Re: Large Spell Law Criticals
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »
I don't think they exist, I don't have them in my index, which is pretty complete:

http://www.icewebring.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/attack_critical_index_sort.xls
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »
Spell Law.  Specific crit tables for heal, cold, electric, etc do NOT exist.  There are two tables for spell crits against LA and SL foes.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:14:53 PM »
I looked around in old RoCo's and found some cool crit tables. But nothing for SLarge vs Elemental. It might be there, somewhere, in all of the versions of all of the books, but I ain't seen it yet.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:28:12 PM »
I don't think they exist, I don't have them in my index, which is pretty complete:

That is impressive!
It would be great to have the charts in xls format. But who could ICE free up to do it? Would it be worth it to sale..?

Don't recall any specific tables for SLarge for these... but SLarge does reduce crits.. ;) There are so many books and crit tables, I'll never say you haven't seen them.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 02:41:22 AM »
Some were made unofficially years ago. I have the lying around somewhere in print. As I recall they were poorly made (excessivly so) and as a result we never used them.

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 06:57:48 AM »
Would love to see a copy if possible. Maybe they could be improved/edited to be of use.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »
the best you can hope for is to get an old copy of Arms Companion.  Crit tables for La/Sl slash, crush and puncture weapons are in it.  They are very neat (I have a folder with a copy of just about every crit table ever made I use when GMing).  Any Impact crits could use the crush, heat could use the slash and cold the puncture (or what ever combo you like).

The martial arts crit tables against La/Sl are very fun.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 03:01:23 PM »

I like the Arms Companion expansion of the Large/Super-large tables and would like to see similar for the Spell Law criticals.

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **