Author Topic: How many books will be converted from RM2 to RMU  (Read 337 times)

Offline Lord Bragg

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster Since 1980
How many books will be converted from RM2 to RMU
« on: February 20, 2024, 11:39:30 PM »
I loved/love RM2 but my books are in ruins and it's time to move up. How many of the RM2 books will converted to RMU??? This is the complete list of RM2 books that i know of. Has a publication path been laid out?

Arms Law & Claw Law, Spell Law, Character Law - Published
Creatures & Treasures I, II, III - Readying for publication??? (Treasures Published)
Campaign Law
Rolemaster Companion I thru VII
Elemental Companion, Rolemaster Heroes & Rogues, Spell User's Companion, War Law, Alchemy Companion,  Arms Companion, Sea Law
Rolemaster: Where a critical fumble puts you face first in a mule's ass.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: How many books will be converted from RM2 to RMU
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 12:02:43 AM »
Currently we're focused on the core books, which will include all the creatures from Creatures & Treasures I, II, and III, and I think Treasure Law has all the treasures too, as well as the sort of thing that was in the Alchemy Companion (or RMFRP's Treasure Companion).

Plus the Character Companion has already been written, which has topics previously covered in RMSS's School of Hard Knocks (detail of skills) and Martial Arts Companion (fighting styles) and Talent Law/Character Law (talents and flaws) among other things.

If we end up just converting books, it's more likely to be based on the organization of RMSS/RMFRP's companions than the hodge-podge style of RM2's companions (I really don't want to do that, it's kind of a mess). But it's also possible we'll go a different direction. At this stage a big factor is who is going to write them and what are they interested in writing, since ICE is freelancers rather than staff that can be assigned to projects. This is not mapped out yet.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 12:08:42 AM »
Treasure Law has nowhere near all the treasures that were in previous editions. However, it should be able to at least approximate the vast majority of them.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Lord Bragg

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster Since 1980
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 12:14:54 AM »
I would hate to see War law, Sea law and Campaign Law get lost in the shuffle ...  Will those books drop into RMU with little hassle besides changing armor and turn times..

Offline Lord Bragg

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster Since 1980
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 12:18:09 AM »
i am sure you get asked this a hundred times a day but since its applicable to this thread when will we able to get our greedy lil sweaty hands on character companion and creatures 1 & 2??? 

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 09:46:13 AM »
Creature Law I is coming first. Last I heard it is in layout, so hopefully not too long, but it is a beast of a book (long and with complicated layout due to creature stats).
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 11:49:33 AM »
Yep, Creature Law I is written and layout is underway. Character Companion is written but still needs an editing pass by someone else (there's a limit on how well you can edit your own writing) and then layout and art.

For War Law, it would be problematic to simply update as ICE doesn't currently own full rights to its content -- not all the authors have been found. The other books it's possible we could do something with that content.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Lord Bragg

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster Since 1980
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 01:02:35 PM »
i can edit how does one say OH OH OH ME ME!!