Author Topic: XP Tracker v1.1 update  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
XP Tracker v1.1 update
« on: May 21, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
Hello all,
We are getting ready to release an update to XP Tracker version 1.1. We fixed a few small bugs and added new features.

• Now it automatically gives you 100 xp for open end roles per Rolemaster rules
• Gives you 300 xp for rolling over 300, 400xp for rolling over 400 and so on.
• Item / Skill Grouping - lets you group item bonuses with skill bonus
• Item details on main page - if the item quantity has more then 1, like  (4 vials of healing) you can add and subtract from the main character page without needing to go back and forth to the Prefs page to adjust it.

Here is a video showing some of the features in use to give you a better idea. The update should be out in about 2 weeks. Let us know if you have any feature requests.

http://www.larsapps.com/movie/xpt_v1.1.mov

Thanks.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: XP Tracker v1.1 update
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »
Hey all. The new app was sent off to Apple yesterday for approval. If all is well with the app if should be available for all to update in a week. I included a couple of photos (when approved) that we have for some of the updated features. This information will be located in the XP Tracker app on the info page, under update v1.1.

Enjoy!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
Looks sweat.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:38:02 AM »
I think you mean "looks sweet"....  While it looks like it took a lot of hard work to create, I doubt that perspiration was your intended reference.  ;D
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
Thanks guys. We could not get all the changes in on this version we wanted. In the next release we are looking at being able to export the data as a PDF. Also besides adjusting hit points, were adding Spell and Ki points which will be adjusted for you as well as you use them.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »
You can see what happens when I type very early as the time difference for me vs the post reported time difference is one hour. But still at 5 am I should be able to spell and type ;D

So you it looks sweet!

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
hey, never saw this program before? Where do I acquire it?

A Question I have about functionality, Does the program allow the gm to award story award experience? Or is it all mainly Skill and action based like the original game?
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »
The main purpose of XP Tracker is to do away with the scratch paper during gaming. You still need your character sheet and books with tables. XP Tracker will calculate and track your XP as you game. It can be found on the Apple store for iPad.

It handles rolling dice to adding skills and bonuses together.  If the GM wishes to give any extra XP bonuses for adventure completion, or any other reason, it can be added on the prefs page as seen in the image I included. This 'Start XP' offset allows a player to make XP adjustments or start using XP Tracker if his / her character is already established with existing XP.

Once you are familiar with the interface and can navigate around quickly, you'll discover that you spend more time gaming then calculating the results of such things like multiple attacks you character might have and so on.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Side note
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »
Apple notified me today that they latest version 1.1 was approved and is now ready to download for all existing customers. You will find a list of updated items under the info button on the first page.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »
Hey All, after Apple approved the update to 1.1 we discovered a bug introduced in his version that we missed. It was rather big so we fixed it right away and resubmitted today. The approval will take 4-5 days and will bring it to version 1.11.

In short, if the user selected a skill and then selected an item with bonus to use, that item bonus is not added to the skill bonus. But if the user "Grouped" that item bonus with the skill on the Prefs Page there is no issues.

Our bad! Feel free to give your character an extra 100xp because of this bug :)

Offline Silmeril

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »
I tried to get this app through I-Tunes. It told me it was not available. Is this no longer supported or can I look elsewhere for it?

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 12:39:33 AM »
Hi, I posted in another thread about this. It is currently not in the itunes store. I have not had time to make revisions for ios 8 compatibility and our annual Apple contract and payment was due. We decided to wait until we had time to tackle the updates for the new release. Currently we have projects that we are working on and I am the only developer for XP Tracker. I should have time to start work on it next year and have it out by March or April. I also need to contact John at ICE to resolve a couple of things before it is added to the iTunes store again.

But a couple of ideas we are discussing.
• Redesign the interface for use on the iPhone. The 6 and 6 plus have lots of screen space, as well as keeping it on the iPad.
• Level up notification. Since it's main purpose is to manage your XP and combat, it will auto notify you when you leveled up.
• Make it easier to increase your skill bonuses when you level up. Currently you need to open each skill one by one and enter the new value to replace the old ones.
• Export your notes, combat and more to a PDF format and implement airprint.

Any other ideas are always welcome.

Thanks!

-Lars