Forum > ICE News and Discussion

Director's Briefing - June 2023

(1/3) > >>

NicholasHMCaldwell:
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-forty-third Briefing and sixth scheduled Briefing of 2023.

RMU

The error catches on Spell Law have been completed. As you may have noticed two Mentalism spell lists were switched between Open and Closed in a final tweak to the rules and that meant we had to send proof masters into the DriveThru/Lightning Source process an additional time. The final masters have been approved and proof copies have been ordered. Fingers crossed, the physical copies will be as expected and we can launch Spell Law in print format at Gen Con.

Treasure Law is currently undergoing layout checks and an editing pass from Jonathan while we await on some additional spell rune imagery. My current estimate is that we would see a pdf release in August or September. My goal is that we would release Treasure Law in print format at Dragonmeet.

The first volume of Creature Law will enter the combined editing and layout process post Gen Con.

ERA for Rolemaster

Max has been working assiduously away on his own todo list. This month saw the release of the School of Hard Knocks dataset and a wave of updates to a number of datasets. A previous update to the ERA core software has positioned it with its own API which will make it much easier to connect to ERA from virtual tabletops, specifically Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds.

HARP

As promised, HARP Subterfuge was duly checked and is now available in softcover, hardcover and in bundle format. Discount coupons were issued via DriveThru for the benefit of everyone who had been an early adopter of the pdf. Despite my nagging last month, only about half of our pdf purchasers had their communication preferences set to receive the DriveThru emails. If you did not get the discount email, please contact Colin on the Discord server and ask very nicely for the code. (The same goes for anyone who missed out on the RMU Core Law discount).

Until next time
I am still enjoying some HARP editing work. Please stay safe and keep gaming.
Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd

Ecthelion:
Love the change of the Attack Avoidance now being a Closed List. I mentioned a few times that IMHO it was too powerful as an Open List, especially when comparing it to the Essence Shield Mastery or the Paladin's Holy Shields Spell List. Many thanks for this  ;D.

Hurin:

--- Quote from: Ecthelion on June 25, 2023, 12:03:32 PM ---Love the change of the Attack Avoidance now being a Closed List. I mentioned a few times that IMHO it was too powerful as an Open List, especially when comparing it to the Essence Shield Mastery or the Paladin's Holy Shields Spell List. Many thanks for this  ;D.

--- End quote ---

Definitely! It is a very good change.

Hurin:

--- Quote from: NicholasHMCaldwell on June 25, 2023, 10:49:21 AM ---A previous update to the ERA core software has positioned it with its own API which will make it much easier to connect to ERA from virtual tabletops, specifically Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds.

--- End quote ---

This also makes me very happy. Anything that makes RMU easier to play in Roll20 is huge.

Sam.Gamdschie:
Hi Nicholas,

as we are already running a group with RMU, it would be great to have something like "Release Notes" or "Change Document" for all changes in the rules. Although, you could find something for Spell Law in the Beta Forum (https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=20938.msg244577#msg244577), it's not quite handy to find exactly that post (if you do not know what to search for, like Staunch Wound.).

I also really appreciate the change of "Attack Avoidance".

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version