Author Topic: Rolemaster MMO  (Read 1660 times)

Offline philtrev

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster MMO
« on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:04 AM »
Has any thought gone into making a Rolemaster MMO? Everyone I ever met who has played RM and AD&D has always liked RM better. AD&D OL seems to be successful despite a large number of people who hate being restricted to not being able to just wander around in the wilderness or visit other locations. I think an open world RM MMO would do well.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
Re: Rolemaster MMO
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:42 AM »
Dark Age of Camelot started out as a Rolemaster MMO, but they retrospectively ripped out the RM engine when old ICE crashed and burned ...

It still would be really cool to have an RM MMO ...

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »
philtrev;
 Welcome to the ICE Forums
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:04:45 AM »
Has any thought gone into making a Rolemaster MMO? Everyone I ever met who has played RM and AD&D has always liked RM better. AD&D OL seems to be successful despite a large number of people who hate being restricted to not being able to just wander around in the wilderness or visit other locations. I think an open world RM MMO would do well.
Yes, welcome and I would probably go ahead and start paying for high-speed internet* if they made a Shadow World MMO using RM as the engine. (Any incarnation, though preferably RMSS/FRP, because:)  Especially if I can have an Armsmaster. Love the Armsmaster, though I would love to have an Armsmaster/Monk (Zen) hybrid, that would be awesome!!!!

* I do not pay $60+ per month for something I can get for free at about a half-dozen places well within bowshot of my apartment. (I can afford it since I got rid of my credit card debt, just think it is about time the ISPs start getting their money from advertising and not us. I also don't pay for TV by using a digital antenna and my HD networks look 10x better than those on either satellite or cable (which are compressed before being broadcast).
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.