Author Topic: Looking for more players for online RMC campaign  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Looking for more players for online RMC campaign
« on: September 28, 2019, 07:25:56 AM »
Looking for a couple of extra players to join our (mixture of low and high fantasy) long term campaign. Will be using Fantasy Grounds as the VTT. I have the standard license (and have purchased the Ultimate license for Unity on the Kickstarter).

Day of week and time: Friday 11.00-16.00 UTC
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week.
Term: Campaign has been running for about 9 mths.  And will run for a while yet!

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord server (headset preferred)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 5 players, an extra 1-2 players required.
Character starting level & equipment: The current players are Lvl 6 or Lvl 7. So that will be your starting level.
Character restrictions: Mostly "good" characters but no restriction on class. No elves... half-elves and half-orcs available… but expect significant in game prejudice!

Me: Long time player of many RPG's. Have DM'ed mainly AD&D and Rolemaster, but always loved RM as a player.

You: Don't take it personally, but I'd prefer mature players. No munchkin min-maxers. Must be willing to commit to the regular timeslot (when it's decided). If you could detail your experience (FG and RM) that will help.

The aim is to have fun in the RMC world.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MrKinister2

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Looking for more players for online RMC campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
Hi there,

I am interested in the idea of Rolemaster, but I only got to play once many (many) years ago. I have the present RMFRP, but not the first or second edition. Which one are you running?

And what time zone are you in?

Offline MrKinister2

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 10:12:46 PM »
Hmm... is that Perth, West Australia?

If that's the case I can't join. The time zone difference is too high.

Offline dugman

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:43 PM »
Too bad it's during Friday afternoon US, if it was on the weekend I'd be interested.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:00:39 PM »
To note(PDT -7GMT) for West Coast players, this has a start time of early morning(4/5AM) with a run time of 4-5 hours most days.

It is great for those wanting to steal in some online game time with RM Classic - a rarity - before having to get to work or before the busy weekend hits!

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 06:14:11 PM »
Thanks for the time zone conversions for my American cousins.

Yes...I'm located in Perth (Western Australia).

We have another player who has signed up. But ideally I'd like another. Real life tends to get in the way and it isn't often that we can get all the players around the (virtual) table at the same time.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline brole

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 08:48:55 AM »
Hi I could be interested in this.
Your start time is 9pm my time in Brisbane so that might be ok.
Could you mention some  more about the game?

Thanks for the time zone conversions for my American cousins.

Yes...I'm located in Perth (Western Australia).

We have another player who has signed up. But ideally I'd like another. Real life tends to get in the way and it isn't often that we can get all the players around the (virtual) table at the same time.
e crits all round

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 05:58:44 PM »
Seen more than a couple online RM campaigns being advertised with Australian time zones, some even this year!  :D  More interest down there, or you post to FG and Roll20 LFG forums regularly too.  Nice to see the visibility, but understand the hassle of player replacement.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 06:22:44 AM »
Necro'ing this post. Campaign still going strong and looking for more players.

Have had a couple of players withdraw. Don't you hate it when RL gets in the way of gaming?

PM me for details

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 08:01:17 AM »
Has the time of the game changed? Because for me here in Tennessee that is around a 7 AM start time.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 09:02:21 PM »
The game runs on Friday night 19:30 - 24:00 (Western Aust time UTC +8)

So... *quickly Googling time zone conversion*... that would start at 06:30am Friday morning for you.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 03:26:03 AM »
LOL Rolemaster is complicated enough without the realities of "real-life" and Time-zones! :)

Being somewhat simple of mind, being a Brit... I *think* that puts your game sometime Saturday Morning for me...  I'm a consistently early riser... but, if I'm correct, it's 3.30 -8 am... *my time*  so the start time might be pushing it for me I'm afraid...  :(

Good luck in finding some players. 

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »
Soz... but... I think you have your math wrong. UK is 7 hrs behind West Australia.

So my Friday night is your Friday afternoon. We already have 1 player from the UK. And another from Europe.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 02:00:01 AM »
Soz... but... I think you have your math wrong. UK is 7 hrs behind West Australia.

So my Friday night is your Friday afternoon. We already have 1 player from the UK. And another from Europe.
Ahhh... OK.  so runs from about Midday my time till about 5ish pm then? Oh. That's MUCH better. If you'll have me, I'd like to join then...

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 02:37:29 AM »
PM sent

Offline sombrelords

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 10:12:52 AM »
Hi Dunadan  :D

Thank you very much for the offer!
Finding a group is so difficult those days ...

So, if I'm not too late, I would love to join you guys :)
I already know rolemaster and played RMC on FG.

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 07:37:42 PM »
Thanks for your interest.

Unfortunately, I have filled the slots I had available.

I am currently trialing 2 new players in the group. If either of them drops out (or doesn't work out) I'll contact you then... or re-advertise here...