Author Topic: ? Movement Maneuver "Definintions" ?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline ericthered

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
? Movement Maneuver "Definintions" ?
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
It would be helpful to me if someone could remember WHERE the Movement Maneuver "definitions" are at.

What I mean is, the MM Tables have headers for each catagory: Routine, Easy, Light, Medium, Hard, etc...

Somewhere in all the Rolemaster literature I remember actually seeing definitions or descriptions of what each of these Levels of difficulty actually entail as far as what it would it would take compared to the average person.

I remeber it might have had comparisons to apprentice or fully trained, or Olympic skills. I cant put my finger on it, but it was darn helpful to the GM. Helped to nail down the relativistic.

Can anyone help me out,

Eric the Red

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: ? Movement Maneuver "Definintions" ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, they show up in a number of sources, depending on version also. . . .looking for stuff covering just about any instance, the "School of Hard Knocks" might be the best place to find info about difficulties for (just about) anything.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline ericthered

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »
Cool, I'll check it out.

Thanks Bro,

EtR

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »
Somewhere in all the Rolemaster literature I remember actually seeing definitions or descriptions of what each of these Levels of difficulty actually entail as far as what it would it would take compared to the average person.
To be honest, I'd be interested as well. It seems to me a bit weird that you'd need a somewhat "hard-to-find, minor companion" in order to help determine the difficulty of an action, rather than examples being in the core rules. For my part, I don't own the SoHK and the only references I can find about something close to a definition is in the RoCoIV for the "new difficulties for manoeuvres" (though I guess you can deduce things from the RoCoII's special modifiers for particular skills)
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline ericthered

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
Yes I agree.

Although the advice that has heretofor given was very helpfull, which I will employ. It is not exactly what i was looking for. What I was after was a concise, very broad, general one time evaluation of what it would take. I know I saw it somewhere. If I ever do find it again I will post its location.

I believe that part of the Demise of Rolemaster was that it became so vast and varied. Its a shame. Thank God for RM Classic before they took the final plunge.