Forum > Spacemaster

Space Master Unified

(1/6) > >>

Grimsouled:
I see an old post from years ago, but was wondering if there's been any progress/thoughts on an updated Space Master rules system based off the new Rolemaster Unified system?

Thanks.

Thot:
I remember that they mentioned here on the forums vague plans for not a seperate ruleset, but basically a companion for RMU that covers the genre. I don't know how far they are with it.

But I would say you can use RMU as-is for space settings pretty easily. All the skills are there, and for weapon attack tables, you could simply use the appropriate magic attack tables.

Grimsouled:

--- Quote from: Thot on August 15, 2023, 04:38:32 AM ---But I would say you can use RMU as-is for space settings pretty easily. All the skills are there, and for weapon attack tables, you could simply use the appropriate magic attack tables.

--- End quote ---

Funny, we had already reached that conclusion that the characters could just be RMU. Hadn't thought about using the magic attack tables for the guns... will look into that. The biggest issue we are struggling with are the vehicle attack tables. We've looked thru several different versions and they seem to be all over the place. Any suggestion on which version is best? (We've looked at SM2 Player's Book, Star Strike, & Privateers so far).

Thot:
Well, I'd probably use my old Star Strike box's tables for ships (space and air), but if I were to just use RMU, I'd just use regular crit tables and "translate" the results to the ship's systems. Maybe going with the scaling rules for attacks and expanding upon them.

pantsorama:

--- Quote from: Thot on August 15, 2023, 10:46:09 AM ---Well, I'd probably use my old Star Strike box's tables for ships (space and air), but if I were to just use RMU, I'd just use regular crit tables and "translate" the results to the ship's systems. Maybe going with the scaling rules for attacks and expanding upon them.

--- End quote ---

The bonus is Star Strike has Mechs!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/93633/Armored-Assault

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version