Forum > Spacemaster

Favorite Version?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Thot:
In terms of rules, I am looking forward to a space-setting-support supplement for RoleMaster Unified.

In terms of setting, clearly the SM2 setting was superior in my opinion. But I'd probably, as most of the time, create my own universe for a new spacemaster campaign.

David Johansen:
I love Spacemaster Privateers but the setting is under developed.  The Races and Cultures book helps some but as it stands there's not much material for non-privateering campaigns.

The various animal people are just as cheesy as elves and dwarves and acceptable as generic science fiction tropes.  The idea was to have a setting that was easy to play in.  For instance most of the races are found on both sides of the war so its easy to do player characters infiltrating Jerronian facilities.  The losing war and privateering gives a good centeral campaign premise.  The races are easy to grok rather than being inscrutable.  While the author disagrees with me, I still think it would have gone over better with anime style art work.

For an easy to convert alternative setting, have a look at FGU's old Space Opera setting which has some similar races and a larger map area.

MisterK:

--- Quote from: David Johansen on August 19, 2023, 05:43:51 PM ---For an easy to convert alternative setting, have a look at FGU's old Space Opera setting which has some similar races and a larger map area.

--- End quote ---
Or the Traveller setting, another of the Old Ones that never truly stopped giving. And some of the alien modules (e.g. Solomani and Aslan - yes, the Sol humans *are* an alien race :D) are very good.

RandalThor:
I prefer the setting of SM2 and the rules of SM: Privateers.

EltonJ:
I like SM:Privateers over the setting of SM2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version