Author Topic: Gencon 09...  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Gencon 09...
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:35:23 AM »
I know that Cloven Fruit Games will be there, but who else is showing up from these forums?

My entire HARP group, minus one girl (Yes, we have 2 girls...and they are both adorable. Ah, Gamer Chicks have come a long way...) will be there, along with 6+ other friends who want to play some HARP.

I will be running a few sessions of an adventure that I am cooking up, both set in my Audurath setting (Vernian styled Skyships, weird elemental crystal powered gadgets, shoot'em-in-the-head zombies...), as well as a more traditional 'D&D style' adventure.

Anyone else showing up?

Uriel

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Gencon 09...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 05:09:01 AM »
... Yes, we have 2 girls...

Pictures or it never happened. I don't meen in a dirty way or anything, just that gaming girls are uncommon, and I want proof! :)
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 03:14:49 PM »
... Yes, we have 2 girls...

Pictures or it never happened. I don't meen in a dirty way or anything, just that gaming girls are uncommon, and I want proof! :)

Dammit, I got all excited that someone was going to Gencon...haha.

I'm starting to wonder if the folks who play this game want to become/ it to become a major player in the grand scheme of things. It certainly has potential, in the World of D&D4.0/ people fed up with it.

On the subject of gamer-girls, we are having a BBQ next week for my birthday (We BBQ in the back yard of the Gamestore, how cool is that???), and I'll get some shots. We probably won't be playing HARP, since it is a noisy environment, but board games etc...Maybe I'll ask Jessica & Carissa to take photos with their character sheets for proof. :P

Is Boden anywhere  close to Umea? Just curious, as my favorite band is from Umea (Naglfar).

Uriel

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »
Here's my HARP group. Currently Level 4-5, as we have had a few scheduling set-backs (Me layed up with a trashed knee, people leaving country, now one friend is in NYC with broken ribs, following an accident. No worries, all will work out. The only one not going to Gencon is Carissa (The Chinese girl).

They are stuck dead in the middle of Paizo's 'Hungry are the Dead', converted on the fly to HARP. I hope they survive... :O

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26449&id=1245832806&saved

-Uriel

Offline Cloven-Fruit-Games

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »
Actually looks like we will not be there this year.

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »
Hey, Uriel! Great to see someone else who likes the black metal on the forums! Naglfar slays!
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
Actually looks like we will not be there this year.

Awww man!!!  I was really looking forward to meeting you folks.
Well, I will be trying to convert folks, in late night sessions (With slick looking colorful butt-kicking Pregens, well-painted minis and great Maps and other visual eye-candy.

I guess I'm a One-Man HARP Crusade... sort of how I feel here in San Fran anyways. Dammit...

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 12:27:24 AM »
Hey, Uriel! Great to see someone else who likes the black metal on the forums! Naglfar slays!

Black,Death,Blackened Death... Naglfar,Myrkskog,Zyklon,Behemoth,Nile... that's what my players get when the hordes of Zombies are crawling off of rotting Plagueships, swarming the poor townsfolk.

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 05:33:54 AM »
Well, guess it's a one man operation again.No worries...

Sir Uriel shall sally forth alone once again! Wading through the Hordes of D&D4th Ed players, waves of MTG kids and the occasional guy looking for a SHadowrun game.

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 08:03:21 AM »

long live the black wizard!!  ;D so guys you're not alone...

regarding girls into rpg.. my girl is one of them, she played rpg for a lot of years with my group, done a bit of GMastering (both in RM and in HARP) and she actually write for an rpg webzine. I also had several girls in my past groups, most of them very cute ones  :) guess i'am lucky!!

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 03:35:47 PM »
Oh, and speaking of Italy... Rhapsody (of Fire), and anything Luca Turilli is involved with. Canon for my games...

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »
We should really move to a thread about music... :) I tend to find that my players can't get into my music (black/death/thrash/power metal), so I typically play ambient synth stuff like Nox Arcana or Midnight Sindicate. Sometimes I'll use classical or celtic as well. My games tend to be dark, though.

EMPEROR RULES!! Sorry, I just had to get that out... ;D
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 07:43:41 AM »
EMPEROR RULES!! Sorry, I just had to get that out... ;D

;D yeah!!

returning in topic... obviously i will not be at gencon since its a bit far away from the place i live...
if anyone happen to be in italy for the end of october we can meet at Lucca Comics & Games where i will be working with the Red Glove team presenting the italian version of Cyradon (i'am one of the translators)  ;D

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 07:48:57 AM »
I don't have the income to travel, am too busy with other Real LifeTM stuff, and don't even know where it's at...

But I would like to show up at a Gencon sometime... if just to meet a few of you guys!
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 10:56:33 AM »
I'll be there; sorry to hear you won't be there this year Cloven - I was hoping to get pictures this year around.  Old Man is supposedly going to be there but I haven't seen him post in awhile.

RWW:  It's in Indianapolis.  This was the last year of the contract for it to be there but they've signed a new one to keep it there for at least the next five years (I think).

lorenen:  Geez, one little ocean.  That's the same excuse people used last year.  You guys need to come up with some better excuses.  ;D

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »
Actually, Indianapolis isn't too far away... maybe 6-8 hours from Pittsburgh?
However, I couldn't do it this year. I have a son not quite a year old yet and haven't the money or time. But now that I know where it will be, maybe I can start making arrangements to make it to the next one (in other words, I need to start dropping hints to the wife now!)  ;D
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »
lorenen:  Geez, one little ocean.  That's the same excuse people used last year.  You guys need to come up with some better excuses.  ;D

jolt

;D then show me how much i'am wrong coming yourself to Luccacomics and Games 2009  ;D if you do you're my guest for a pizza dinner!! i'll be here working, probably selling cyradon, rolemaster and harp  ;D