Author Topic: PP X or Spell Adders  (Read 2783 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
PP X or Spell Adders
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
Hi to all Folks there!
Some questions:
How making  PP mult. or Spell Adder, I didn't see the rules about the creation in Spell Law (and spell lists).
Tanx IOU!
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: PP X or Spell Adders
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:31:27 PM »
The main spell list is found on RMC Spell Law page 165 - Enchanting Ways. The spells involved are the "General x" spells.

More information can be found in RMC Spell Law section 5.2 --- specifically the third bullet point on the right-hand column of page 57, where it states that the General spells are used for making PP multipliers and spell addters (the last sentence of that bullet point).

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »
Tanx!
How making these items for Hybrids and Archmage?
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »
To make a hybrid Essence/Mentalism Spell Adder (or Multiplier), make one each of Essence and Mentalism. Then get a friend and stand at opposite sides of a large room or field, each holding one of the Adders. Then run at each other as fast as you can, holding out the Adders. If you do it right, when the Adders collide, they will combine into a hybrid Spell Adder.

Note that this is not an official ruling, but this is the fun way to do it.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »
I use the general enchantment spell from alchemist base list (Treasure Companion).  A general III spell will make a x3 multiplier.  If it is to be a hybrid mutiplier, I charge one "pick" from the gerneral enchantment spell.  General ENchantment IV is the highest alchemist spell, so a x4pp/adder is the best, with x3pp/adder for hybrid devices.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:11:12 PM »
I use the general enchantment spell from alchemist base list (Treasure Companion).  A general III spell will make a x3 multiplier.
Uh? Did this change from RM2's Spell Law?

Enchanting an item (9.2.2)
"(...) The general category also handles creating power points multipliers and adders (see Section 6.1.2). A +# General spell will enchant either a "+# adder" or a "x (#-1) multiplier".

So, a General III would allow either a +3 or a x2.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
Nope, it did not change, Yamma just made a mistake, you're correct that a General III would either be a +3 or a x2.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
Yep.  At character generation I got stuck with Comman Man, Rural.  Very average stat mods.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:40:44 PM »
Yep.  At character generation I got stuck with Comman Man, Rural.  Very average stat mods.

ROFL  Have a laugh point!
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"