Author Topic: Q:Armsmaster warriorblade  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Q:Armsmaster warriorblade
« on: October 14, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »
Is the armsmaster warrior blade magic in the crit list sense.
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Q:Armsmaster warriorblade
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
Just like Druidstaff’s list back in RMCI, they never posted whether it was NM or M.
We always used Magic, though I would ask that the player adventure for finding the magical wood needed to craft such a staff, so the wood itself was actually magical and thus allowed Magic boni.

Do the same with the blade.  Have the PC quest for Magic Low Iron(a meteor lands somewhere and he has a vision or sees it happen).
After that, let the spells do the rest and shape it.

This helps make the blade special vs, “oh, I can make these a dime a dozen.” (even though only one at a time is a ruling for the fine print of the spell)

If made with regular metal, it will have a NM bonus, instead.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:01:14 AM »
I'd say that the first version (Minor warriorblade) is not magical, with the bonus being due to the attuning, whereas later versions  (Lesser warriorblade and above) are magical, as they function as either spell adders or multipliers, which are fully magical abilities.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »
So if a staff +1 spell adder is also magic weapons collum if you use it as weapon? If you use your logic :)

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »
Well, it is a magical item!
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »
Yes. But what about in the crit table sense :)

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 01:33:04 PM »
The critical table only has a "magic" column, for when the item being used is magical. In the present case, as you admitted, the item is magic, so I don't know where the problem is…

Offline Prince Finnion

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 04:05:24 PM »
I would say the staff would have to be magical to be an adder or multiplier.  This does not mean it would automatically gain a +5 or whatever bonus, only that it is enchanted and therefore magical.  Making a staff an adder does have a cost applied, although I think it's to low.

I do like the idea of the quest for materials.  When I played mine I had to role play smithing the metal with the swordsmith npc, but actually searching for the right metals would have been fun.