Author Topic: Dense Musculature +5 OB to all type of attacks?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline LukeZ

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Dense Musculature +5 OB to all type of attacks?
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »
Does the Dense Musculature +5 OB apply to attacks with bows, to the Blindfighting combat style or the Weapon Kata Martial Art Style?

Offline Falenthal

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • La Compañía
Re: Dense Musculature +5 OB to all type of attacks?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »
I only apply it to melee weapons skill or Brawling. Not to missile or thrown weapons or to combat styles.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »
Officially it applies to all OB...
  (But I personally don't use it for bows or siege weapons, etc.  Thrown weapons I do use it on.)

Note - Blindfighting is not OB, it is a skill modifier so the +5 would never apply there. 

For MA Styles, I would only apply the +5 if the Style became the actual combat roll (the OB).
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline LukeZ

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
Ok, thanks! :-)

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »
Having been in on the discussions about that when the writing was going on for the original HARP rough draft, the intent with it was for it to only modify melee/MA and thrown weapon OB's, but not other distance OB's or any type of magic. 

That was one of the original HARP author's favorite talents/backgrounds (or a very similar one anyways from one of the Rolemaster products (Martial Arts Companion maybe??)) with the character (a half-elven warrior monk that looked like a halfling (long story involving a ritual that went horribly wrong that explained his appearance, that as well as a few of other talents/flaws that the character had)) he played in a long-running (3-1/2 years) email based game I ran in the Channel Cities setting.  It was during the last half of that campaign that he developed and wrote HARP. 

He was an unusual and interesting character to say the least.
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)