Author Topic: HARP Fantasy now available in print  (Read 4470 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: HARP Fantasy now available in print
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 03:10:01 PM »
There is no plan to create a colour version of HARP Fantasy. We did a colour version of HARP SF Xtreme because the deck plans worked much better in colour so we wanted to provide the option. None of the art in HARP Fantasy is in colour.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Falenthal

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • La Compañía
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
Then, what am I waiting for to order my HARP book?  ;)

Thanks.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »
I have both HARP Fantasy and Martial Law in softcover format and to be honest, they look great compared to the older print versions. I never really understood why they did Martial Law in a magazine type binding anyway. But the covers on the new books are glossier and it seems the print on the inside is well placed and easier to read than the older versions. I am not sure if it is my imagination but it seems everything on the inside is more, umm, "balanced" as far as the print and type goes.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline TheSmith

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
I already have all the 1st editions HARP books, and was looking to invest in the next version, but I was concerned about forking out for the pdfs and books given the reported errors that people have found.  Is there a planned version with the identified errata fixed, if so when will these be made available? 

What would this version be called, would it be the 2nd edition 2nd edition?!  :-\

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:34 PM »
We don't consider this a 2nd edition - we've referenced it as an Enhanced Version because frankly not that much has changed - but what has been updated has been for the better and enhanced the product. (At least that's what we have been told by those who have given us their feedback on the books...)   :D

The very first version of HARP was revised 6 months after it was released and those changes were pretty significant but it wasn't referred to as a 2nd edition because they were able to release the revision quickly enough to ignore the initial release.

I'll check with Nicholas to see if the proofreading corrections have been made or are they waiting in the wings for a single release of all products at once. 
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 06:38:41 AM »
As Thom has said, we don't consider HARP Fantasy to be a full second edition. We think of the Mjolnir 160-page original as 1.0, the Mjolnir 192-page as 1.2 and HARP Fantasy as HARP 1.5.

I've not reopened (in the editing/layout sense) the HARP core rulebook to make any further corrections because not enough have been found and/or not enough time has passed to declare that "reopening" makes sense. At any rate, when it does make sense, anyone who buys a pdf version will simply be able to download the updated pdf for free through OBS. I realise that isn't possible for print versions, which is why we won't update the print masters until we are really sure there isn't a Columbo-like one last significant error.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme