Author Topic: Preview 15: The Orders of the Infernal  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Preview 15: The Orders of the Infernal
« on: April 26, 2006, 07:41:48 AM »
The Orders of the Infernal
Almost all of the creatures of the Infernal share a common heritage, owing their origin back to Bamon?s first moment of defiance.  Here are the orders of Infernal creatures and their relationships.

Fallen Angels
God created the Angels, but Bamon created the Infernal by corrupting the plan of God.  He Falls of Angels, claiming two thirds of the Host of Heaven by the end of the War.  No one knows if the Nopheratus has any connection to this Fall, but by the end, the deed was done.

Devils
There are a finite number of Devils because there were a finite number of Angels.  Every Fallen Angel that survived the War in Heaven ended up in Hell after the Sundering.  These are now the Devils of Hell and many of them are immensely powerful--the Dukes and Duchesses of Hell.  They rule under the brutal tyranny of Bamon, the Dark Prince.

The Nephilim
The Sin of Wantonness caused the second Fall of Angels.  These Angels laid with the daughters of Mortality and begot children by them--the races of giants, the Nephilim.
   In creating the Nephilim, Bamon accomplished his greatest achievement.  The Fallen Angels would only dwindle in numbers from that time forward, because God created no new angels.  But the Nephilim could marry one-another and produce young.  It was a race that could perpetuate itself.
   The true importance of this achievement wasn?t apparent until the first Nephilim died.  Its soul went to Hell and became the first Demon.  Suddenly, not only did a race of evil walk the Mortal Realm, but they swelled the ranks of the Infernal in Hell as well.  Within a few generations, Demons outnumbered Devils.

Demons
But not all Demons are the souls of dead Nephilim.  Some Demons, the Demons of Achievement, are not necessarily of Infernal birth.  These are the souls of dead Mortals or Cambions who achieved such a greatness of evil in their lives that Bamon rewards them in death.  They are infused with Infernal energies through some unknown process, becoming full demons.  Some of them become so powerful and are worshiped so widely that they become the Infernal equivalent of Saints . . . the Archdemons.

Cambions
When a Demon lies with a Mortal, the resulting child is a Cambion, a creature half Mortal and half Demon.  Cambions are the final level of the Infernal.  The Cambions can mate with one another and reproduce, creating their own young.  This makes them not only the final rank of Infernal, but the one most numerous in the Mortal Realm.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Xennex

Re: Preview 15: The Orders of the Infernal
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »
 ;D I now understand the order of my new hit list.  Need to find some of those Nephelims... hephalumps.. whatever. Hehehe... nip that problem in the bud... or.. wait... that'd just make more demons... hmmm.... That causes a bit of a quandry, I reckon.
I think I need some nastier "demon killing" weapons...
I mean, honestly... their "fallen" angels... they can't be that tough, right, Gerrik?