Author Topic: Looking for some help with the HARP SF Character Generator for Open Office  (Read 2252 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
I've downloaded the Open Office character generation spreadsheet last updated by Allan Maher from the Vault.  I really like how smooth it seems to work and it seems less buggy than the Excel version available from the Vault.  But my problem lies in how to add things to it.  I can't seem to find the hidden tables sheet so that I can add new talents and races for my Bughunters 2155 game.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but does anyone know how to get to this?

Also note that the PC I am currently working from doesn't actually have Open Office on it and is instead running Lotus Symphony (which is another possible source of troubles).  I have a linux box elsewhere that does have Open Office on it and I will have to check if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Pyrotech
-Pyrotech

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
I remember having to do this with the Harp Fantasy open office one as well, and if I remember right it's

Format > Sheet > Show ... etc.

hopefully it will list all the sheets in the file.

Had to look this one for hidden columns

To display hidden rows, columns or sheets
1.Select the range that includes the hidden objects. You can also use the box in the corner above row 1 and beside column A. For sheets, this step is not necessary.
2.Choose Format - Row/Column - Show or Format - Sheet - Show.To display hidden rows, columns or sheets

Also Open Office works on windows.

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Hey thanks a lot!

You were absolutely correct.  I tried your suggestion on my linux box and it was exactly where you said (I actually have Open Office on my PC laptop as well but it wasn't convenient to check on).  However on my current machine (stuck away from my other machines) I am not allowed to install Open Office (the admins delete it as soon as they realize it is there) and instead have Lotus Symphony.  On Symphony it turns out to be in a similar location under "Layout --> Sheet --> Show"

Thanks again for your help.

Pyrotech
-Pyrotech

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
You have strange admins.  :P