Author Topic: Shadow World Languages  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Diva

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Shadow World Languages
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »
I have done a search and was unable to find anything on this, so apologies if I have overlooked an existing thread on this already.

I'm playing in a new campaign which is set in Emer, and all the previous ones I have played in have been set in Jaiman.  I do have the new Shadow World Player's Guide, which has an Erlin / English glossary and also an Iruraric / English glossary.  And I remember in the past having list of other Jaiman languages such as Seoltang, Rhaya, Dyari, Zori etc.

Is there something similar for Emer or the Star Crown Empire (we are playing in the SCE, but it is located in Emer)?  I've been told my native tongue is a form of old Tenric as we are in a little forgotten pocket of the world, and I was hoping I could find at least a few words I could throw onto the IC blog I'm writing.

While I do have the master atlas and the Star Crown empire books myself, I don't want to go digging in them now because I don't want to read anything that I shouldn't know as a player.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
Re: Shadow World Languages
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:02:36 AM »
Hi, the Star Crown Empire is in Govon, quite far from Emer. Indeed, the book was not written by the official author of Shadow World so it has weak links to the areas written by him: Emer and Jaiman.

The languages in SCE are in page 46 of the book, if your GM wants to share with you that would be fine, but I think there is no vocabulary.
You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline Diva

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:57:02 AM »
my Gm has decided to place the Star Crown Empire in Emer, I think because he like Emer and we haven't really played there yet and have done so extensively in Jaiman.  He has done a lot of work already to tie it into the Emer region.

thanks for the update on languages.  He has told me what I speak but I wasn't given a glossary as I have had in the past.

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:43:01 AM »
That's interesting, but with the detailed map given in the book and the maps from Emer, it's quite difficult to fit the Govon map inside Emer whithout screwing the distances between places.

Your GM will have to make lots of maps to deal with this issue  ;D
You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline Diva

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
actually I think the continent is located is somewhere near Emer, and is part of the Emerian empire (now we have played a bit).  So the maps don't have to be changed at all, and there is an extra layer of government over what is in the source material, albeit kind of remote.