Author Topic: Suggestions/Critiques Requested: Standard Hobby Skills  (Read 1548 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Suggestions/Critiques Requested: Standard Hobby Skills
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:53:29 PM »
Some background first.

I am creating a new world (the same as discussed in this thread).

In this world, the forces of evil have conquered the world (at least the major portion of it).  Although there were many intelligent species, only three have survived the purge of the Hatharnd and their minions.  In conquering the other peoples, the Hatharnd have used the premise of a terrible disease called the Scourge to keep control of the peoples.  If anyone displays the beginnings of being able to wield power, they are said to be suffering with the Scourge, taken away, and never seen again.

Of the three peoples that survived the Scourge (purge) are the Humans, Dwarfs, and Kreegog (similar to the Sohleugir).  The Dwarfs are mostly used as Miners, Smiths, and Builders.  The Humans for literally everything else.  The Kreegog are used as "beasts of burden" since no horses or others survived the Scourge (purge).  Although the Kreegog are quite intelligent, they are only taught enough to survive as beasts of burden (understand commands).

When writing up the race, I came up with the below as Standard Hobby Skills.  When looking over the RMFRP Master Skill Table, I did not feel any other skills fit as Hobby Skills for a species used only as "beasts of burden."

Athletic Games, Jumping, Scaling, Sprinting, Swimming, Acrobatics, Climbing, Alertness, Body Development, Natural Body Weapon: Claws, Natural Body Weapon: Bite.

If y'all can think of others that may fit, please let me know.

Thanks.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Suggestions/Critiques Requested: Standard Hobby Skills
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
  For hobby skills I try and think of what the young would learn as children growing up and then add some skills they would learn as young adults.
  The only skill's right off the top of my head that might fit would be; hunting, fishing, rowing, sailing and survival(region) as determined by the environment that they live in or work in.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.