Author Topic: Poison Level Modifiers????  (Read 936 times)

Offline mightypawn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Poison Level Modifiers????
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:33:10 PM »
In both GameMaster Law and Creatures and Monsters, I find poison level codes, such as 3G.  I have yet to find a table or rule that interprets these codes.

Someone help!

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Poison Level Modifiers????
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
Those are level variable codes.  Look in Creatures and Monsters for the level variable table.  It is also in the old Creatures and Treasures.  It might be in the front of GM Law but I actually do not remember.

The table in C and M is in the front of the book.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
Yeah, just like Yamma said, this is the level of attack that the poisoned victim has to make an RR against.

I believe the range for G is -10 to +17. You get this from the creature variable level chart. If you roll on the chart, you get a modifier to the level of the poison; or you can just say it's 3 (from your example) and ignore the G. But with the chart you could have a level 1 poison (1 single bee sting) to a level 18 poison (tougher than a Komodo dragon).

Even if you use the variable and roll high, the poison could be reduced per successful attack the creature makes or whatever you decide.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline mightypawn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »
I read the responses you both posted long ago, but I just realized I never said Thank You!

soooooo

Thank You!

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »
you mean...I win?!  YEAHHHHHH  ;)

I hope I got enough exp to go up 32 levels...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.