Author Topic: Is there a Healer Profession in Harp?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline harper1973

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Is there a Healer Profession in Harp?
« on: April 30, 2021, 03:53:53 PM »
Hi everybody, I'd like to know if there's an official, or unofficial, Healer Profession for Harp. I'm building a Training Package for Healers, but I'm very interested to find out if there's already a Healer Profession. As always, many thanks!

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
Re: Is there a Healer Profession in Harp?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 04:42:50 PM »
The healing skill falls into the General skill category which makes it open to all professions. The spell Minor Healing is in the universal category, which is open to all professions. These two items make it possible for any character to be a fair healer.
In terms of a 'Healer' profession, the closest is the cleric. The cleric spell list has the more potent healing and cure spells. The Vivimancer in the College of Magics book also has access to the more powerful healing type spells.

Also you may check the downloads section of the forums.

Offline harper1973

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 11:21:54 AM »
Thank you very much!

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 07:49:04 AM »
One clarification, though: minor healing is a universal spell, but it's still a spell, which means it's a skill in the mystic arts category. That means the fighter, thief, monk, or any of the "villager" professions from Folkways consider it to be a nonprofessional skill, which means it costs 4 points per rank. Still viable, just more expensive. Also, there's a number of cantrips from College of Magic that can help (heal bruise, heal cut, relieve pain, etc.) - if all you've got are minor cuts and scrapes, and they only cost 1 MP each to cast.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.