Author Topic: OIC Gear?  (Read 5747 times)

Offline MidKnight

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • That which you cannot see CAN hurt you.
OIC Gear?
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:57:26 PM »
Hey all,

I know at one point I.C.E. had a gear store-front for bags, shirts, mugs, etc., and I was wondering if any of the un-officially declared members of the Order of the Iron Crown would want to 'pony up' and buy their own gear.

I wouldn't mind wearing a nice polo shirt with a stiched crown logo and "Order of the Iron Crown" on it around at the local shops and conventions...it might even get people asking about it...the first step to promoting interest is to have something people recognize that they should be asking about.

Would you buy OIC gear (again, shirts, mugs, bags, etc.) if they were available?  If they are available can you please slap me up-side the head and point me in the right direction?

Being a bit 'snobbish' about some of the gear I buy, I'm not really into the silk-screen t-shirts and mugs, preferring instead nice stiched logos on polos and etched glasses or pewter mugs.

Thoughts?  I'm willing to do some research if folks are interested...lots of 'home' engraving shops and 'sticheries' out there if we're interested and get a blessing from Bruce & CO.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: OIC Gear?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »
Nothing against OIC, but why would you wear that instead of ICE gear?
Wearing an ICE shirt would promote the brand far more than wearing an OIC shirt would.  Isn't the purpose of OIC to promote the playing of ICE games? A dual-branded shirt would also work well, but really the key idea is to promote the playing of games produced by Iron Crown.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline MidKnight

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • That which you cannot see CAN hurt you.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »
Nothing against OIC, but why would you wear that instead of ICE gear?
Wearing an ICE shirt would promote the brand far more than wearing an OIC shirt would.  Isn't the purpose of OIC to promote the playing of ICE games? A dual-branded shirt would also work well, but really the key idea is to promote the playing of games produced by Iron Crown.

Yeah, I could see it going either way...I'd wear an Iron Crown shirt, but I also don't work for Iron Crown Enterprises.  By wearing an "Order of the Iron Crown" the public will likely associate it if they're familiar...interested folks will ask how they can 'join the order', or what is 'the order', etc., allowing folks wearing them to engage in conversation about ICE products, games, etc. 

Basically they'd both do the same thing, but the 'Order of...' serves to make it 'special' and might make folks ask how to join...easy...play ICE games and buy a shirt at blahblahblah.com website...oh, and there is a great community at www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums if you need help or want to share ideas...

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 05:00:56 PM »
If you want to make a OIC shirt, why not buy a normal ICE shirt from cafepress.com and add an OIC-logo on your own ?

On the other side wearing an ICE-logo shows that you are a member of the OIC (, but only insider knows).
OK, you write the full length: Order of the IronCrown,
and you are right: The readers recognize that there is a group of enthusiasts and may like to join; add: forum at ironcrown.com, so they could join secretly when they don't dare to make a "coming out" in front of their friends ... ::)

Perhaps if you go to Gencon you should wear: Knight of IronCrown ;)
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline Balhirath

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
Or simply have the ICE logo one the front and the OIC logo on the back (Or vise versa) :)
I'm new here, but have played RM2 on and off for 20 years. :)

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »
Something like that would probably be far more successful.  The main issue is that OIC is not known to the general populace and I find it hard to believe that most people at a conference would come up to you and ask what it was about without any real hints...

The combo of ICE and OIC on one shirt would indicate to many that OIC was related to Iron Crown and could bring some quick interest.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
good plan, just let me know when you want a print ready logo....

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
SJG has a good model.  Those of us who are Men In Black, (the SJG demo guys) get t shirts with the SJG Pyramid on the front, and the MIB logo on the back.