Author Topic: Looking for HARP elements in RM2/C  (Read 2207 times)

Offline GoblynByte

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Looking for HARP elements in RM2/C
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:26:50 AM »
I have found quite a few HARP elements that harken back to RM2, but there are a few that exist in HARP that I would like to see if I can get them into RMC, but can't find any existing analogues.  I was hoping that those with a more complete library of RM2 materials (long out of print) might tell me if these elements existed in RM at any point in time.

Here's the first: In College of Magics there is a table (7.3, if memory serves) that shows power points gained from the "fixed mana" within variouis elements taken from creatures and things.  Has RM ever had a table like this?  If not, can the chart be taken from HARP be taken as a direct translation without a danger of too many PPs for RM applications?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
--Stephen Crain

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Looking for HARP elements in RM2/C
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »
Not yet as far as I know. . HARP mechanisms have been looked at, since it's around and good material, but mostly it's inspirational of things. . .The only item I can think of that's REALLY HARPesque is the RMX goal based XP system.

Then again I'm not so HARP knowledgable that I'd recognize a HARP element on sight.

It's hard to say, the systems are overall so similar you could say a lot of things seem similar across either way.

I'd guess you'll see some in RMC Cyradon if what I read in the other thread is true.

Lot of people would like to see CoM's magic system, with ala carte spells done for RMC.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Looking for HARP elements in RM2/C
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
Here's the first: In College of Magics there is a table (7.3, if memory serves) that shows power points gained from the "fixed mana" within variouis elements taken from creatures and things.  Has RM ever had a table like this?  If not, can the chart be taken from HARP be taken as a direct translation without a danger of too many PPs for RM applications?

I don't think that there is a correspondence in RM, and I don't think that there would be any such problem -- however, when the mana is ectracted, it should most likely be used right away (no saving it)