Author Topic: Background Options and Stat improvement  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Dirz

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Background Options and Stat improvement
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:11:42 AM »
Hi,
In a characheter generation process, can I pick more than once the "improve one stat by 2 or 3 stats by 1" more than once on stame stats?
I mean, if I'm a Human (6 BG pts), can I improve one single stat 6 times for a total of +12 both Temp and Pot?

Thanks

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Background Options and Stat improvement
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:19:30 AM »
That would be up to your GM. There is nothing that specifically says you cannot, but there is also nothing that specifically says you can either.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »
The only stated limitation is a max limit of 101. . . so you couldn't go raise a Potential to 113. . . .
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 04:42:00 AM »
We had a GM who allowed that but no one really did it that extensively. In fact, if I remember correctly only on did it two times and even he was pretty angry at himself later in the game. There are so many better background options that allow more useful applications in the game.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:01:04 PM »
I dunno. . .using just the RMC core, I know plenty of people who liked to spend 6 BGO on 1-to-3 and toss 18 more points into their Potentials. . .

Almost always done to stats on the cusp of an extra +5, it was often good for another +30 or so total bonus. . .and not in an absurd manner. .

Since no single stat could go up more than 6, the resulting character was often a subtle upgrade over the original rolled character, making them just a bit more above average than the already a bit above average PC.

It also didn't happen at chargen. . .since the benefit was targeted at potential rather than temp, it meant that the character tended to be "that bit much better" at that 5-6 level point where you maxed out your temps.

Some GMs were not so happy with it.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com