Author Topic: [RMX] Fire and Falling  (Read 2398 times)

Offline skathros!

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
[RMX] Fire and Falling
« on: March 20, 2008, 05:13:22 AM »
Hi all.
Could anyone tell me how Fire damage (as in setting folks on fire) and Falling are handled in RMX?

Thanks for any help!

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: [RMX] Fire and Falling
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:51:54 AM »
Falling -- The Animal/Natural Attack Types Table tells you which tables to use, the OB of a fall is the distance fallen.

Fire -- This one is more difficult, but essentially, Fire does a Heat critical each round that the person is on fire. The severity of the critical  should likely correspond to how much on fire the person it.

As to how to set a person on fire, that will depend on the method used. Tossing them into a campfire (Hard Maneuver Roll), hitting them with a torch (i.e. club (-10 or -20) with fire crit one less severity), Using a spell, etc. One you know the method, then you can decide, as GM, how to handle the situation (OB vs. DB, Maneuver Roll, RR, etc..).

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:30:07 PM »
Spell Law has a chart for heat damage due to temperature too. . .but you should keep in mind the factors tim raised. . .hotter fires do more damage. The more body you expose to fire the more damage you'll take.

Feet in a fire is not as bad as whole body in fire. . .

Non-magically applied fire can be mild (Minor hits like cigarette burns) up to catastrophic (E crits or worse from "Doused in oil and set on fire")
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 04:51:20 PM »
As a Gm  would do something like this. If you set a torch to some one to ignite thier close i would start with mabey an un-modified roll on the fire bolt table against their armour type. Once I got a successful damage result (with or without crit) I would roll a d100 chance with the cahnce being equal to 5x the concussion hits delivered of them "catching" on fire. If the fire didn't catch the first round, and you were able to continually hold the torch to them i would roll again adding 10-25 to the attack cumulatively each round until the person caught fire and started taking damage. Once On fire i would start using the Fireball attack table with the same modifier to attack increasing 10 points a round unless preventive measures were taken. Rolling on the ground and making a hard maneuver to put out completely but reducing the attack modifier per round by the percentage of success of the maneuver. trying to pat/slap/stamp out the fire might be a very hard maneuver for the first round and increasing in difficulty for each round thereafter. Some one using a blanket to Help pat you out would reduce the difficulty 2 degrees.. Throwing water on you would drop the difficulty 4 degrees.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
I should also note that anyone hit by a fireball or Fire Bolt type attack has a chance to have there clothes catch fire equaling 1% per damage done. theory being that the "Force" behind the Bolt and the explosion of the ball is reducing it's chance of catching becuase of impact "wind" and, in the case of the fire ball, oxygen deprevation.

certain things could Increase, the chance to Ignite clothes. such as having flammable liquids tossed on you. which also could make it harder to put you out.

Lamp oil might double the chance of ignition where 90% proof alcohol Might increase the chance 5x. and both would increase the difficulty of putting out the fire by 2 or 3 levels.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline skathros!

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »
Thanks everyone! You rock!