Author Topic: Maneuvering in Armor  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Dirz

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Maneuvering in Armor
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »
Hi all,
some odd questions about Maneuvering in Armor:
1) shall I also subtract my AG stat bonus from the MAximum maneuver penalty?

2) Or shall I only consider the ranks bonus (5x ranks ... even if more than 10)?

3) If I subtract also AG stat bonus, will it reduce also the minimum maneuver Penalty (reducing it up to 0)?

Thanks

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Maneuvering in Armor
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:34 PM »
1) Average of Agility and Strength, not just Agility - and they reduce the overall penalty, just as ranks in the skill reduces the overall penalty.

3) No, the stat bonuses will not reduce the minimum penalty. Strength, by itself, can reduce that minimum penalty, but only if you are using the Encumbrance rules found on RMC Character Law, page 142 (there is another set of Encumbrance Rules (found on Table 10-04 on RMC Character Law, page 137) where the Strength stats does not modify the Encumbrance modifiers (and thus does not modify the minimum armor modifiers either).

Offline GoblynByte

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Maneuvering in Armor
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
Just to build on what Rasyr said, Dirz, it sounds like you might be using RM2 rather than RMC.  RM2 does say only Ag is used as the stat associated with maneuvering in armor, but it provides Ag/St as an optional stat combo.  RMC seems to have eliminated the "standard" that existed in RM2 and went with the "optional" stat as the standard for RMC.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
--Stephen Crain