Author Topic: Artificer Infusion list  (Read 680 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Artificer Infusion list
« on: June 17, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »
I'm going to have to include an "Artificer Infusion" spell list for alchemists in Eberron.  Or, at least convert some of the infusions into spells for the Alchemist.  Do any of you feel the same?

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Artificer Infusion list
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 03:53:09 PM »
Any reason not to use ritual magic instead? I use it for all alchemist spells rather than the lists since I think it fits the image better than the list based version. The lists do give a good base for the spell levels etc. For example, to make a magic sword I would still use the make xx, work xx, and weapon x spells, just combine them into a single ritual to cast each day instead of the list based spells. I do require the full pp amount though instead of half the lower spell levels.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 01:11:15 PM »
I'll think about it.  Though the flavor doesn't fit ritual magic at first.  Here's a picture of an artificer, so you know what I trying to get to.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 02:44:33 PM »
The flavor might not be a perfect fit, but the Artificer does his infusions after a long rest, so you could easily flavor it as a ritual, with the Artificer using the time to tinker with his creations.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 04:14:06 PM »
Hmmm.  I see the logic of where you're going.