Author Topic: ERA creature templates  (Read 1451 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA creature templates
« on: March 26, 2021, 10:18:45 AM »
When creating custom creatures, how do you indicate the attack follows a crit strike (same round or next round) in the xml?

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA creature templates
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
In addition, what are the correct movement codes? Specifically for Sprint and Fast Sprint, I have tried Sprint, Sprt and nothing seems to work.

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 12:28:12 PM »
Nevermind, I found it. Spt and FSpt. Wish I could delete posts. :(

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 01:36:01 PM »
I still need to know about other things, like what are table names used when adding specific skills for the creature? For instance, what do I put in the tablename field for "Hiding"? Thank you.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 05:59:17 PM »
When creating custom creatures, how do you indicate the attack follows a crit strike (same round or next round) in the xml?
You can write it in the notes, but there is no automatic handling of that information.

In addition, what are the correct movement codes? Specifically for Sprint and Fast Sprint, I have tried Sprint, Sprt and nothing seems to work.
Nevermind, I found it. Spt and FSpt. Wish I could delete posts. :(
For future reference: Movement paces codes are: Walk, Jog, Run, Spt, FSpt, Dash. Movement speeds are: IN, CR, VS, SL, MD, MF, FA, VF, BF.

I still need to know about other things, like what are table names used when adding specific skills for the creature? For instance, what do I put in the tablename field for "Hiding"? Thank you.
The table name is that of the category for the skill. To check how it works, you can create a normal character, give some bonus to the skill you need, and check what's the name of the table used when resolving the skill in an adventure.

Let us know if that answers your questions.
Thanks for your interest in ERA!