Author Topic: Equipment or price spreadsheet  (Read 870 times)

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Equipment or price spreadsheet
« on: December 04, 2020, 01:17:41 PM »
A search didn't turn anything up - does anyone have a spreadsheet with all of the equipment, food, etc. costs in it? I'd like to make a version with costs in my different regions, and if there's a starting point with standard costs, that'd be a huge boon.
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Equipment or price spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
Generally something like this cannot be provided as it gives away info from books that are to be sold.

Note if you pay for a computer aided supplement they may have this option available.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 02:55:48 PM »
Generally something like this cannot be provided as it gives away info from books that are to be sold.

Note if you pay for a computer aided supplement they may have this option available.

MDC

True, the costs can't be. But there's nothing on the list of items that's proprietary to ICE unless you include the herbs. All of the rest of the stuff is standard fare. I'd be happy with that much typed in already!
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »
Might you find it in a homebrew character sheet/builder? Just a suggestion.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
I actually found a pretty incredible list of equipment, hyperlinked to subsections. It's not Rolemaster, and it doesn't list weapons or armor, but it covered 90% of the stuff I wanted, added a bunch I'll probably never use but it's there if I want it.
http://kimberlychapman.com/rpg/equipment.html

I'm copying the parts I want into my own spreadsheet, which I'll then be able to make a tab for each culture, set prices in their coin, and mark-out items not available there.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 08:45:16 PM »
IMHO, costs can be IP depending on the monetary system of the game.
Simply scanning text from and a 10 foot pole into a new format could be copyright infringement depending on how it is done and what country you live in.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.