Author Topic: Roll20 Rm2 sheet  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Roll20 Rm2 sheet
« on: June 29, 2020, 03:10:21 PM »
Within the next few days a RM2 sheet will popup in Roll20.
The sheet is build over RMSS sheet and can still be edited to be better.
So check it out and write here if you have some wishes.
We made it mainly for our own rm2 SW setting so if its not 100% correct rm2 its because we dont use tripple stats i.e.
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Roll20 Rm2 sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
Cool! Looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks for all your work!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
Hellz yes! I was wanting one big time.

I have joined a group playing MERP there, and we are thinking that around 10th level (where MERP just sort of stops) we might transfer over to RM. Now, likely the GM will want to go with RM2/C, but as there are no sheet for them either this one might be what we do by default.

The fact that you made it for a Shadow World campaign (I am assuming that is what "SW" means) makes me even happier. I would love to put together my Gryphon College campaign. Hmmm, I'm gonna have to find a way to convert my maps....
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
The sheet is now up.
So if you choose new game and choose character sheet, named Rolemaster 2nd Edition.

Check it out and tell me here if there is wishes etc. Maybe the coder and me can change some thing.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 03:33:28 PM »
I jumped on and loaded it up. It is great to have the basics of an RM2 sheet.

One thing I noticed was that there didn't seem to be anything in the spell tab -- not even a place to write in spells or anything.

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 08:18:54 PM »
One thing I noticed was that there didn't seem to be anything in the spell tab -- not even a place to write in spells or anything.
Same here.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »
We will look into it.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rediscovering the Joys of MERP
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 02:27:43 PM »
Looking forward to having a proper play with it but it looks easy to fill and prepare for a game.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 03:08:39 PM »
There will be a new sheet up thursday.
Please check it and comment.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 02:53:00 PM »
Sheet with spell list and language was approved yesterday.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 08:34:45 PM »
Cool, will check it out and let you know what I think. Thanks again for doing this.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 09:50:45 PM »
The spell sheet is showing for me now.

It is really great to have an RM2 sheet!

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 12:20:17 PM »
Please tell me if there is anything that could be removed since its made over an RMSS sheet or could be added.

Offline Onirim

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt Galery
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 03:04:38 AM »
It's a good idea, because I always use an external Excel sheet for Rolemaster, and I think I want to play with internal Roll20 sheets.
The only problem I see is... the attributes. You have used the "simple and basic RM1 attribute modifiers" for the skills stat bonus. For example, melee weapons are str/str/agi and not str only, isn't it ? Can we use the standard RM2/RMC stat bonus with your sheets ?
RM2/SM2 french gamemaster

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »
We made it for "our" house rules where we use one or two stat for skills.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 01:23:47 PM »
OK, sorry it took so long but I finally got around to messing with the RM2 sheet for Roll20. Here are my thoughts.

1) It would be very nice if the Spell Lists had the "+add" and "Modify" buttons. That way they could be fully able to be personalized.

2) For the attacks under the "Combat" tab, there are way too many pop-up modifiers. While this is annoying, if you do it roll them off the "Skill" tab thee is only one, so its not so bad. But, that does mean that you would have to put in all the various modifiers to that base skill list and then modify the roll if you are using a different weapon. For example: I made a character with a magical shortsword. To roll an attack without having to go through 4 pop-ups I have to have all the data on that weapon under the "1 Handed Edged" skill, so if I am using another 1 Handed Edged weapon I need to remember to take off the bonus.
      2a) I am assuming that the other weapon information doesn't come into play for the die roll. Things like the breakage or the fumble range (just the regular open-ended of 96+ and 05 or less, I assume). So that is just for our own information.
      2b) When ever rolling using the macro from the Skill tab, the following message always comes up before the final roll, "No attribute was found for @{Terry's Character|weaponthrown1name} ". What does that mean? Can we get rid of it?

3) Having the macros open on the sheet is unnecessary and takes up space. It is really easy to acquire the macros of anything that can be rolled on the sheet. (Ask me how if you don't know, but I assume you do.)

4) The "Notes" section under the Character tab is not really needed as there is the "Bio & Info" tab where you can put all of that info. I think it might be better suited if we can put in a section for Background Options and Special Racial Abilities. Sure, the current thing can be used for that (and I did), but an "Official" section will help people know where things go, making it faster to create a PC as well as look things up. It would be super-duper-mega-totally awesome if they can somehow be referenceable by the characters skills and other abilities. But I assume that is very big task putting together that code.

5) I know it isn't a "Character Generator", but some basic function of being able to automatically populate things like attribute & racial bonuses would be a big help, and speed things up considerably.

Overall it is very functional sheet that would work fine. Hopefully I will get the chance to play/run a bit with it and be able to report on that.

PS: Complete personal preference of mine, but I am a fan of using one rules system to run a different game/genre/etc... and having the title of the rules system or game in big, bold lettering kind of messes that up for me. For example: if I want to run a Black-Ops game (which I would do with the RMSS sheet, of course), the fantasy titling of "ROLEMASTER" would be a bit of downer for me as it would detract from the feel I would be going for. Also it takes up space that can be used better. As I said, it is a personal thing with me, and let me tell you the RM sheets are not even close to the biggest culprits. There some sheets out there that a full 20-25% of the page is taken up by the game title. Sheesh!!

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 01:41:29 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

First of all we made it just as a backup while Corona took our IRL game. We are now back to that, with that said we will slowly make it better.
But that is when my coder friend and me have time :)
But we will look into the suggestions.