Author Topic: Virtual Tabletops  (Read 8007 times)

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Virtual Tabletops
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 04:36:46 PM »
Rolemaster Office is something I stumbled across a bit ago. It's a Java app that runs and generates a character, complete with PDF export.
http://rmoffice.sourceforge.net/
Examples of the same randomly generated NPC; 2 different 6 page character sheets, and a NPC sheet: https://bit.ly/2QU0Bo2

It's being updated too as the gentleman who is behind it has a changelog entry as of Jan, 2020. Lastly, in the readme, you can modify/tweak it a considerable bit (specifically mentioned are races, cultures, skiils and skill categories).  He suggests using OpenOffice .ods sheets to do it and gives instructions. Character saves look to be standard XML aslo.

One last tip; if you don't want to run Java as a fully installed system application, install the Portable Apps version of Java. Works very well, and doesn't clutter the system up. Just tweak the included '.bat' file to reference your portable Java 'javaw.exe' location.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 06:50:17 PM »
If someone wants to work on Fantasy Grounds support for RMU, I will help however I can, and will be happy to bug Nicholas to get it approved. I can't think of any reason it would be a problem. I also have no idea how much work it would require to implement.
Good to know, and thank you.
As far as getting RMu into FG, I understand it's a lot of tedious text and table conversion work.  It involves putting the documented ruleset's text and tables into the FG format. Once there, this allows FG to automate actions seamlessly.  For example like how the GUI would receive from the ruleset the proper interpretation of a Warhammer attack roll (137) against an opponent with stunned but able to parry condition, who is wearing AT-8 armor but AT-2 on the head and feet.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »
If I get around to figuring out how FG Unity works I might take a stab at a RMU character sheet.  I bought FG unity during the KS
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 03:27:01 PM »
I have no knowledge of programming, but would be willing to help in any way I can.

I have started with Roll20 and will try to familiarize myself with FG this week.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »
A couple months ago, I watched a tutorial video about using Fantasy Grounds's "Core RPG" to build a functional, if clunky, method of doing ANY RPG. I also learned that the rulesets are somehow added to "Core RPG", and I need to figure that part out. There is an online FG "University", which I will join at some point as I'd like to play HARP and other RPGs online.

Roll20 is a nice site, but a dedicated service would be better.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
There is a HARP sheet in the Roll20 Github repository. It requires a pro level subscription to use currently. I am not sure why they haven't put it into the sheet drop down. Maybe if people start using it they will.

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »
I have finished the skills on the RMU Roll20 Character sheet.  On to do the Combat Page next. 

My plan is to check it into GitHub tonight.  Once I do so, I will put a link here.  That was y'all can test and add to it if needs be.  Just let me know if you make major changes.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 02:26:27 PM »
Nice! I am really looking forward to checking it out.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 08:30:54 PM »
There is a HARP sheet in the Roll20 Github repository. It requires a pro level subscription to use currently. I am not sure why they haven't put it into the sheet drop down. Maybe if people start using it they will.
Do you know how that works? Are they APIs that we have to load into a game? Will that "create" the character sheet?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 09:25:31 PM »
Do you know how that works? Are they APIs that we have to load into a game? Will that "create" the character sheet?

They are HTML and CSS pages that are added to the 'Custom' selection on the game settings tab. Again, only pro level subscribers can select the 'Custom' option from the drop down in the game settings.
To use the files go to the git hub repository at https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/HARP . Open the HARP.html file and copy paste it into the html tab on the 'Custom' section of the game settings. Do the same with the HARP.css pasting the content into the css tab.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 08:40:44 PM »
They are HTML and CSS pages that are added to the 'Custom' selection on the game settings tab. Again, only pro level subscribers can select the 'Custom' option from the drop down in the game settings.
To use the files go to the git hub repository at https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/HARP . Open the HARP.html file and copy paste it into the html tab on the 'Custom' section of the game settings. Do the same with the HARP.css pasting the content into the css tab.
Thanks. I got the Pro subscription so all good there. I'm just not "pro" at all this 'puter stuff.  :o

OK, so you mean in the "Character Sheet Template" tab. Got it. Here goes. Eerr... question: Do I copy the entire thing, from the blank space on line 1 and <div> on line 2 all the way to </script> on line 6814?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 09:11:16 PM »

OK, so you mean in the "Character Sheet Template" tab. Got it. Here goes. Eerr... question: Do I copy the entire thing, from the blank space on line 1 and <div> on line 2 all the way to </script> on line 6814?

Yes. That is correct. That code is pasted into the 'HTML Layout' tab.
Do the same for the HARP CSS. Just paste it into the CSS Styling tab.

If you have problems let me know. I can put together a document to outline the process.
If it works out. Let me know of any issues you find.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 09:13:18 PM »
Got it. Very cool.

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 09:39:40 PM »
Got it. Very cool.

Great! Let me know how it goes. I would be willing to play as well. Just sayin'.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2020, 10:38:24 AM »
I do remember working on a HARP sheet on Roll20 when I had a higher level subscription. The programming needed to make it do what I wanted it to do really confused me.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
I do remember working on a HARP sheet on Roll20 when I had a higher level subscription. The programming needed to make it do what I wanted it to do really confused me.

This sheet does calculations for Stat bonuses, skills, db, etc. Limited to the math for the character only. The skills get set up by using drop-down menus to select the resolution type. If someone other than me were to place a request for a HARP sheet on the Roll20 sheet request thread, ( https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7781132/sheet-request-thread-consolidated-mk-ii ) they may post it to the dropdown so you don't need a pro level subscription to use it.

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2020, 01:09:57 PM »
Anyone aware of a RMSS framework for MapTools?
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
OK Raising the white flag here.  While I have done this once before, I can not remember how to publish a new branch with the RMU character files in it up to the GitHub repository.  Can anyone walk me through this?  If so send me a PM.  Thanks

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »
OK Raising the white flag here.  While I have done this once before, I can not remember how to publish a new branch with the RMU character files in it up to the GitHub repository.  Can anyone walk me through this?  If so send me a PM.  Thanks

There is an article in the Roll20 wiki that outlines the whole process. The portion of the article you would need is titled 'Create a Pull Request'. You can find the article here - https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »

There is an article in the Roll20 wiki that outlines the whole process. The portion of the article you would need is titled 'Create a Pull Request'. You can find the article here - https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub

Thank you!