Author Topic: Divine Status Intuition Bonus  (Read 828 times)

Offline Lanatir

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Divine Status Intuition Bonus
« on: December 26, 2019, 11:35:31 PM »
Question about the divine Status intuition bonus (channeling companion, page 16). It states there that with higher Divine Status you gain a Bonus to the Intuition (attribute score i assume, not bonus).

Since this Bonus is Divine in Nature, will it raise the Intuition score of the Character ABOVE 100, and up to what limit?

The highest rank give you +8 (not that it is really practically achievable, but i do see Paladins and Priests reaching high levels there.

On the one hand that could lead to characters with an intuiton score of 108.
On the other hand, if it does NOT raise the intuition score above 100, what is the point of it, considering most Channeling players have a score of 90 to 100 in intuition anyways?

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Divine Status Intuition Bonus
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 03:17:35 AM »
I read the bonus as a special "bonus to the bonus", that is, akin to a race bonus. So if you have 90 Int, you have +5 Int, and with divine status 6, it goes up by +1, to +6 Int, without changing your basic Int stat.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »
Thot is correct, you treat this as part of the Intuition Bonus, not the Intuition Stat itself.

Not sure I understand your question about what is the point if it doesn't raise the stat itself. Making this bonus part of the Intuition Bonus actually provides more of a bonus than if you made it part of the stat.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
Welcome. Your first post. Amaze-balls.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.