Author Topic: Combat tables to use....  (Read 889 times)

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Combat tables to use....
« on: November 10, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
When this game was a new thing we played a couple games but my group didnt like it and was forgotten.
Now with a revised version Im thinking about give it another try.
The big question....
What tables are better. Standard from the rulebook? Hack and slash? Harpeer bazaar 11? Martial law? Beta tables?
Ill like to know your opinnion about the matter. I played rolemaster in the past and dont care about two rolls for hitting and critical. I guess Ill only have one shot before the d&d believers cry to leave it.
Thx for reading and sorry for my english.
 :P

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Combat tables to use....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:19:20 AM »
I use a mixture of the basic tables and Martial Law. Basically, it boils down to "does it make sense for this attack to hit the target in a specific location". If the answer is "no", I use the base tables, if the answer is "yes" I use Martial Law's tables. As for "better" it's not really about superiority, it's about what fits at that time.

I avoid Hack & Slash entirely because of the title. Yes, it's silly, but I want to distance myself from an association with tabletop hack & slash. As for the Bazaar, I no longer do gaming magazines, regardless of whether they're print or online so I can't say.
#LotorAllura2024