Author Topic: Spacemaster: Privateers  (Read 1918 times)

Offline tstewt1921

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Spacemaster: Privateers
« on: July 03, 2019, 11:29:16 AM »
I just ordered Privateers & equipment manual for what I assume is 2nd edition, I notice there isnt quite as many books for that edition as 1st, can I just 1st edition books with 2nd edition or do I need to strictly stick with 2nd edition, I will be building my own world so the story within each edition will be heavily altered.

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Spacemaster: Privateers
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
We just started a Privateers campaign.  I had a copy of the Core Rules and our GM has most of the rest.  We are using the Core Rules, Blaster Law and Equipment Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »
Spacemaster: Privateers only has a single edition, which is built off the same edition as Rolemaster The Standard System/Fantasy Role Play. If you have a Spacemaster book that says 2nd edition, it is just Spacemaster 2nd edition, which is a bit different.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 12:44:12 AM »
The different weapon charts, armor types, and way of handling stat bonuses (three are added together in Privateers if I remember correctly, but they are averaged in the original Spacemaster) make the editions a bit incompatible.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 12:48:42 AM »
A copy of Spacemaster Privateers Future Law is handy for more professions, training packages, and skills.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »
A copy of Spacemaster Privateers Future Law is handy for more professions, training packages, and skills.
And the Talents & Flaws system, which I really like.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.