Author Topic: Director's Briefing - October 2018  (Read 2635 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - October 2018
« on: October 04, 2018, 02:56:50 PM »
Welcome

To the eighty-ninth Briefing and the tenth scheduled Briefing of 2018. A short Briefing this month as it has been busy in the real-world with the start of a new academic year.

Shadow World

While you have been enjoying the second edition of Shadow World: Jaiman: Land of Twilight, Terry has been busy working on Haalkitaine. His approach has been to combine the editing and revising of the existing text with adding new material as he goes along. Terry’s expectation is that the second edition of Haalkitaine will have 100+ pages of new content, with a particular emphasis on groups and people that player-characters might encounter. As an occasional change of pace, he is also making modest progress on Emer IV.

Rolemaster

I don’t have any progress to report on RMU Creature Law this month, but I have not forgotten RMU.

HARP and HARP SF

I completed the HARP Subterfuge sourcebook draft. The second half of the sourcebook covered chapters such as deceptive combat, martial arts and ninjas, magic and subterfuge, adventuring, organisations, loot, getting caught, ethics, and countermeasures. The second half was as excellent as the first. The draft with requests for changes is now with the author.

It is currently a race between which of the adventure modules HARP SF Poseidon Gambit and HARP Garden of Rain will reach complete draft first and will be arriving in my inbox for editing.

Until next time

Various projects require my attention to get them safely started and then I will be returning my attention to the editing of the text of HARP Bestiary and getting the art commissioned for both Subterfuge and Bestiary.

Best wishes,
Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
Re: Director's Briefing - October 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 04:48:24 AM »
The impression we get is that most if not all the rules for character creation in RMU are now pretty well finalised. Does this mean that all the Shadow World books/NPCs can start being converted to RMU?

Will the new Shadow World books be statted for RMU exclusively or will ICE still support two legacy versions and RMU?
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline grodog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »
Terry has been busy working on Haalkitaine. His approach has been to combine the editing and revising of the existing text with adding new material as he goes along. Terry’s expectation is that the second edition of Haalkitaine will have 100+ pages of new content, with a particular emphasis on groups and people that player-characters might encounter.

Do you have any information on how large the Haalkitaine maps will be yet, Nicholas?

Allan.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 09:09:22 AM »
Terry has been busy working on Haalkitaine. His approach has been to combine the editing and revising of the existing text with adding new material as he goes along. Terry’s expectation is that the second edition of Haalkitaine will have 100+ pages of new content, with a particular emphasis on groups and people that player-characters might encounter.

Do you have any information on how large the Haalkitaine maps will be yet, Nicholas?

Allan.

I can answer that. The original book had the city map in two 11x17" sheets, so 22x17. Unfortunately we don't have the technology through RPGNow to print beyond the actual book, so I will be inserting the map as one page, then windowed larger as several pages. We'll also include a high-rez PDF of the 22x17 map that you can take to a local place and print out. (UPS and FedEx both print large format)

Terry
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Soulcleave

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »
On that note.  Can anyone tell me where I can get a frame large enough for the original 33"x45" map of Western Kulthea, or should I just try to make my own?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is true.  I am a figment of my Imagination.

Offline Soulcleave

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »

Allan.

I can answer that. The original book had the city map in two 11x17" sheets, so 22x17. Unfortunately we don't have the technology through RPGNow to print beyond the actual book, so I will be inserting the map as one page, then windowed larger as several pages. We'll also include a high-rez PDF of the 22x17 map that you can take to a local place and print out. (UPS and FedEx both print large format)

Terry
On that note, does anyone know where I can get a frame for my 55"x33" map of Western Kulthea.  Or should I just try to make my own?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is true.  I am a figment of my Imagination.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
RMU becomes final when I perform a full editing pass.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 04:07:16 PM »
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:08:41 PM »
RMU becomes final when I perform a full editing pass.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Christmas is next month.  Just saying.  :)  (In all seriousness, have fun with it, and we're all looking forward to RMU).