Author Topic: Stacking Stun (rising Stamina RR)?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Stacking Stun (rising Stamina RR)?
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:12:11 PM »
I apologize if this has already been asked, my search did yield a lot of results and I didn't want to search too many pages to find it.

If a character is already stunned, and they receive another stun critical, does the Stamina Resistance roll threshold rise and does it count it's own first round when added to the original?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Stacking Stun (rising Stamina RR)?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »
This is a chronic hot topic for Harp and Harp SF.  I think SF finally simplified it and Harp Fantasy has since followed suit.

I *believe* (but can't guarantee with my hazy memory and all the different discussions on this) the current rule is that each stun result is tracked separately and gets its own RR.  So if a character gets hit twice in the same round for a 1 round stun (RR100), and a 3 round stun (RR110).  Then the next round while stunned get slammed by another 1 round stun (RR100).  The character would need to make each resistance roll and be stunned for the associated time - but the next rounds stun do not add to the existing stun and are instead their own stun result.  Being under the effects of multiple stuns has no additional effect.

Or so I seem to remember.

I hope this helps,
-Pyrotech

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:11:15 PM »
Also note that resistance rolls are not maneuver rolls, so do not suffer the -50 penalty for prior stun. 

or at least that is how I have been interpreting the rules for my games......
-Pyrotech

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 03:26:05 PM »
RRs are not maneuver rolls so do not suffer the stun penalty nor any activity penalties.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »
That makes much more sense. Otherwise being stunned while stunned would essentially be a "fight over" sentence. Whether that involves death or not depends on the characters. It would also make characters' chances of breaking stun easier not having that -50.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »
Don't forget Stunblocker  cyberware and Faststim and Stimrelease medications.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme