Author Topic: Something Wicked : bring Nightblade/Shadowblade in or put in Subterfuge  (Read 4593 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
So we have room in the HARP ecosystem for a magic-using assassin profession, which used to be called Shadowblade but we ought properly to call a Nightblade. Should I bring this into Something Wicked (where it could be argued that it fits by virtue of a potential evil dimension) or should we hold it until HARP Subterfuge (where it has an obvious fit)?

Anyone willing to write HARP Subterfuge?

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
If you put it in "Something Wicked" it would help justify keeping the name.  If you choose not to put it in then it may not be seen for a long time since it looks like you need a writer for Harp Subterfuge.  Depends on how important it is that it see the light of day (or the dark of night) in the near future. 
Also if you don't put it in would something else go in its place?
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

• OIC Points +0/-0
We are no longer bound by page count targets of perfectly divisible by 16 pages, so I don't have to find a replacement for the Nightblade if it waits on HARP Subterfuge.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
I would put it in Something Wicked and then expand upon it in HARP Subterfuge. Ideas and expansions for the Nightblade will come in time and make HARP Subterfuge that much more appealing.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Cyanide Baby

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I would put it in Something Wicked and then expand upon it in HARP Subterfuge.

I like that.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I would put it in Something Wicked and then expand upon it in HARP Subterfuge.

+1 Sounds like a perfect idea!

• OIC Points +0/-0
Possibly build the Nightblade and if no one has volunteered to write HARP Subterfuge by the time I have completed the revision of the entire document, then the Nightblade goes in the new Wicked?

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I prefer the name Shadowblade, and I admit it can get confusing: a permanent magic weapon called a Shadowblade, a Shadowblade profession, and a temporary magic weapon thanks to the Shadowblade spell.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Something Wicked : bring Nightblade/Shadowblade in or put in Subterfuge
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »
I would say to go ahead and put the Shadowblade/Nightblade into Something Wicked.  To me, it seems to fit.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline dranthor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I'm curious.  the last post on this was in 2016.  Did this book come out under a different name? Is it still in production? If so any idea when it might be ready for purchase?

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hi dranthor,

It's still in production. It is currently with me to sort out the imagery. I'm not sure how long it will take from then, but it is in the pipeline.

Hope that helps