Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 281541 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #1620 on: February 07, 2020, 08:14:46 PM »
A reminder about a SW book from a few years back, the Shadow World Player Guide. An excellent value, and packed with information, including about Kulthea's moons and solar system, the Lords of Orhan and Dark Gods, and the major races. Richly illustrated with maps and views of various locations. Orhan Phases, realms of magic and climate.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/83779/Shadow-World-Player-Guide--The-World?src=hottest_filtered
I have 6 of them and use them as, well, player's guides for the players to refer to basic info about the world. Handing them out to my players. (Getting them back when the campaign is over, of course.  8))
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1621 on: February 08, 2020, 06:00:54 AM »
Did the recent adventure "Haunted Village" Just recently bump up to a silver seller?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/288169/Shadow-World-The-Haunted-Village?src=newest

Good news! I have plans for several more small modules along these lines to help out GMs. Some more adventures, some mini-sourcebooks, and others...

Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1623 on: March 07, 2020, 02:20:27 AM »
New Shadow World Adventure available!
A short adventure set in the Zor Wastes of Jaiman with links to Haalkitaine.

The PCs Might:
• Discover a Portal network which might become useful in later adventures,
• Explore the Zor Wastes and its denizens.
• Infiltrate the complex secret citadel of the High Priest Dansart, and perhaps gain priceless treasure.
• Rescue an imprisoned Loremaster Apprentice and gain the gratitude of the Loremasters.
• Suffer a painful death by monster attack or at the hands of cultists
Complete with Rolemaster stats for RM2/Classic and RMSS/FRP

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/305704/Shadow-World-Aalk-Vaalg-Citadel-of-Osaran
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 03:38:09 AM by Terry K. Amthor »
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1624 on: March 08, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »
FYI Both adventures have been upgraded to high-quality for home printing.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/305704/Shadow-World-Aalk-Vaalg-Citadel-of-Osaran?src=hottest_filtered
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:17:34 AM by Terry K. Amthor »
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1625 on: March 09, 2020, 09:09:43 PM »
Very nice, and thank you.  Purchased and reviewed.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1626 on: March 09, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »
Looks fun! Great to see you could use Angus's great picture of that citadel. I have always wanted to go there... and now I can!

BTW, the stats for Lesser Desert Mutants are missing in both RM2 and RMSS master lists.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline DragonReborn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Bladestorm Tabletop
« Reply #1627 on: August 11, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »
A reminder about a SW book from a few years back, the Shadow World Player Guide. An excellent value, and packed with information, including about Kulthea's moons and solar system, the Lords of Orhan and Dark Gods, and the major races. Richly illustrated with maps and views of various locations. Orhan Phases, realms of magic and climate.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/83779/Shadow-World-Player-Guide--The-World?src=hottest_filtered
I have 6 of them and use them as, well, player's guides for the players to refer to basic info about the world. Handing them out to my players. (Getting them back when the campaign is over, of course.  8))

Years back when I was running a SW campaign with my old group, I handed out one printed copy to each player for reference. As with all other SW material, I hold on to my remaining copy. Love it! Whenever I get to run a campaign again, I'll order a another bunch of them. Best introduction to Shadow World!

Cheers
Sebastian Klapdor
MX Bladestorm Dev
=========================================================
MX Homepage http://www.bladestorm.mx
facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BladestormTabletop
=========================================================

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1628 on: September 08, 2020, 08:34:21 AM »
More SW coming soon! I have been diverted...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1629 on: September 10, 2020, 09:09:53 AM »
Emer III is a GOLD seller on RPG! Wow how did that happen?
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1630 on: September 10, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »
Because Emer is awesome!

Now get back to work on IV; I've got a campaign coming up and I want to go to Itanis!  ;D
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1631 on: September 13, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »
Yep I confirm, It is gold.

By the way, as it is my first message on this forum, I will give a few words about me.
French, 46 years old, Rolemaster player and GM since I am sixteen (so looong ago). I was lucky to put my hand on the Master Atlas at that time (with the wondefull and enormous map of Western Kulthea!) and some Shadow World books.

I made a long RM break during 20 years, but I am back on the game as a GM (with the same team I had when is was 16).
I use a Mindmap software (Freeplane) to store all the informations on the Shadow World and I am working on a GIS (QGIS) to store all the usefull geographical informations (realms, secrets, cities, coral roads,...) and to design maps.
The work is quite enormous but it will be essential when I will begin the compain (next year I think).

Terry, I will never find the words to thank you for the creation of the Shadow World, I am eager to buy and read your next creations.

Crivens
Need to find a good signature...

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1632 on: September 13, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »
Welcome, Crivens.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1633 on: September 15, 2020, 03:16:47 AM »
Thank you Crivens! I am humbled by your dedication, and hope my new works live up to your expectations.

There is not enough coffee in the world to fuel my Ideas...

Emer IV
Emer I & II new editions
Next Loremaster Legacy novel (in progress)
And more...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline mathhatt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1634 on: September 15, 2020, 03:41:46 AM »

By the way, as it is my first message on this forum, I will give a few words about me.
French, 46 years old, Rolemaster player and GM since I am sixteen (so looong ago). I was lucky to put my hand on the Master Atlas at that time (with the wondefull and enormous map of Western Kulthea!) and some Shadow World books.

I made a long RM break during 20 years, but I am back on the game as a GM (with the same team I had when is was 16).
I use a Mindmap software (Freeplane) to store all the informations on the Shadow World and I am working on a GIS (QGIS) to store all the usefull geographical informations (realms, secrets, cities, coral roads,...) and to design maps.
The work is quite enormous but it will be essential when I will begin the compain (next year I think).

Terry, I will never find the words to thank you for the creation of the Shadow World, I am eager to buy and read your next creations.

Crivens
Welcome !
Nice to see there are some other French players here ;) Where are you located?
"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it."
-- Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring. --

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1635 on: September 15, 2020, 12:55:18 PM »

Crivens
Welcome !
Nice to see there are some other French players here ;) Where are you located?

Orléans, and you ?

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1636 on: September 15, 2020, 03:06:51 PM »
Thank you Crivens! I am humbled by your dedication, and hope my new works live up to your expectations.

There is not enough coffee in the world to fuel my Ideas...

Hold my beer... here you go Terry!

Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline mathhatt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1637 on: September 16, 2020, 02:37:53 AM »
"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it."
-- Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring. --

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1638 on: September 19, 2020, 12:52:23 PM »

Crivens
Oh, we're doing that ? OK...

bought RM in... 1984 I think, the boxed set that included Arms Law, Character Law, Spell Law and Vog Mur. RM was interesting but Vog Mur... damn (remember when Shadow World was simply "The World of Loremaster" ?). I bought Cloudlords of Tanara and Iron Wind as soon as I could and GMed my first campaign in 1986 (Vog Mur, mostly). I GMed another one, located in Tanara, two years later, then had a long spell as a player (still in Shadow World, during the time when RM2 was released and SWMA1, Jaiman, Emer and SWMA2 were published). I GMed again in 1998 (Haestra, Tanara, Silaar), then in 2002 (Saralis+Mur Fostisyr/Tanara+Urulan/Kelestia), in 2008 (Saralis), and 2011 (Uj, Namar-Tol and Haestra) - my longest campaign to date since it ran for 100 sessions and close to six years. I am currently recharging my creative battery, but I hope to be able to start the next opus someday (probably in Rhakhaan). All campaigns are related (same world, same chronology), but the characters change for each campaign.

I was playing RM mostly by the book in the early campaigns, but lately, I've switched to "RM-light" conversions, because I didn't agree with the skill list inflation.

I still buy setting-related ShW books, even though I cant use most of the material included inside because my own version of Shadow World diverges significantly from canon, to the point where I'm pretty sure I won't be able to use anything included in Emer IV :D.

And I'm also located in France (in the Pink City, for those who know :p).

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1639 on: September 19, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
Wow, I have not played RM+SW as much as you.

I have played a lot of different Roleplaying games during these last 30 years but always with the same groupe of friends.
Now, we only play every 3 or months  but during a full week (no choice, we live in different parts of France).

So, 3 frenchies at least...almost a gang :)