Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 281260 times)

Offline Jraffa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #1600 on: January 22, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
Self promotion is not a sin. Authors who do not self promote starve.
Bought the paperback just now so I can reread it when the next book comes out.

Thank you sir.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1601 on: January 22, 2020, 07:06:48 PM »
My Novel is also available on DriveThruFiction, where it has a Silver sales ranking. I don;t pretend to understand the distinctions...

https://www.drivethrufiction.com/product/117364/The-Loremaster-Legacy?term=Amthor
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1602 on: January 22, 2020, 07:52:38 PM »
Still waiting on the next book ;D
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1603 on: January 23, 2020, 12:03:30 AM »
At the expense of self-promoting... My novel has been given by readers as a good window into the Shadow World, so it might be a good introduction. And I am working on the next book.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/117364/The-Loremaster-Legacy

Yes, it definitely gives you a real sense of the culture of some key locations as well as a good introductions to some of the key characters.

(click to show/hide)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1604 on: January 23, 2020, 08:15:48 AM »
My Novel is also available on DriveThruFiction, where it has a Silver sales ranking. I don;t pretend to understand the distinctions...

https://www.drivethrufiction.com/product/117364/The-Loremaster-Legacy?term=Amthor

Well, one thing it means is that it's sold more on DriveThruFiction than over 99% of the titles listed there. (DriveThruFiction is not a huge storefront.)
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline grodog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1605 on: January 23, 2020, 01:04:11 PM »
http://
Would GMs be interested in a mini supplement with a bunch of interesting PC backgrounds, either living in Haalkitaine, or finding themselves in the city, with a setting where they might meet up, as a possible starting point for adventures?  Detailed histories with convoluted families, lost items, dark pasts, and they just happen to meet in a tavern/party/brawl...
Definitely!

I'm also still interested in understanding whether the large-format sewer maps are available now in the bundle on DriveThru, or if they'll be available separately?---I'd definitely like to get print versions of both the new city maps as well as the sewer maps.

I have uploaded it. I may take a day or so to appear in the archives. This is the highest quality available

Ordered the hardcover last night, will let you know how the maps turn out! :D

Allan.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1606 on: January 23, 2020, 02:50:31 PM »
My Haalkitaine book arrived last week and I've just now had a chance to sit with it.  I thumbed through the pages quickly and settled in to read.  Right off the bat, the weather chart on page 7 us awesome.  I love it. and the Recreational Drug chart is awesome.  That made me laugh.  I am just floored by the amount of maps, adventures, and stats for the NPCs associated with each adventure.  What a fantastic collection.  I can't wait to get into it further.  Great work, Terry!
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1607 on: January 25, 2020, 08:11:03 AM »
My Haalkitaine book arrived last week and I've just now had a chance to sit with it.  I thumbed through the pages quickly and settled in to read.  Right off the bat, the weather chart on page 7 us awesome.  I love it. and the Recreational Drug chart is awesome.  That made me laugh.  I am just floored by the amount of maps, adventures, and stats for the NPCs associated with each adventure.  What a fantastic collection.  I can't wait to get into it further.  Great work, Terry!

Thanks! If you can, please take a moment to post a brief review at RPGNow (actually just copying and pasting what you just wrote would be awesome! :-)
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1608 on: January 25, 2020, 08:12:42 AM »
http://
Would GMs be interested in a mini supplement with a bunch of interesting PC backgrounds, either living in Haalkitaine, or finding themselves in the city, with a setting where they might meet up, as a possible starting point for adventures?  Detailed histories with convoluted families, lost items, dark pasts, and they just happen to meet in a tavern/party/brawl...
Definitely!

I'm also still interested in understanding whether the large-format sewer maps are available now in the bundle on DriveThru, or if they'll be available separately?---I'd definitely like to get print versions of both the new city maps as well as the sewer maps.

I have uploaded it. I may take a day or so to appear in the archives. This is the highest quality available

Allan.

Let us know. Just to clarify, the maps are posted here in the Forum archives for free; on your honor to download them with a purchase of Haalkitaine in any format.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1609 on: January 25, 2020, 08:25:55 AM »

Thanks! If you can, please take a moment to post a brief review at RPGNow (actually just copying and pasting what you just wrote would be awesome! :-)

Done and done!  I even corrected the grammatical errors. :)  5*, Terry.  Haalkitaine is amazing.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1610 on: January 25, 2020, 08:46:05 AM »

Done and done!  I even corrected the grammatical errors. :)  5*, Terry.  Haalkitaine is amazing.

Thank you Spectre!  Please everyone if you like a product you have purchased, take a moment to go back and post a brief review or even a rating. This really influences other people about whether they will buy, especially people new to RM and Shadow World. Thanks so much! If I could autograph your copy I would happily.

--TKA
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline grodog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1611 on: January 25, 2020, 01:18:50 PM »

Allan.
Let us know. Just to clarify, the maps are posted here in the Forum archives for free; on your honor to download them with a purchase of Haalkitaine in any format.

Definitely will do.  Very much looking forward to this! :D

Allan.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1612 on: January 29, 2020, 06:58:53 AM »
A new 20-page PDF Adventure, the Citadel of Osaran, will be available soon. The PCs get to explore the Zor Wastes and its denizens, infiltrate the secret citadel of the High Priest Dansart, and perhaps rescue an imprisoned Loremaster Apprentice.

Meanwhile I am back on Emer IV. More than 120 pages of pure next, not including illustrations and layouts (and layout text, including City of the Dead!), so it looks like it will rival Emer III in size.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1613 on: January 31, 2020, 06:04:25 AM »
I was hunting around recent books, and happened to flip through this. It was originally intended as an adventure like my new release but ballooned into a mini-campaign! Check it out, great for adventuring on the way or leaving Haalkitaine in Jaiman. It got all five-star reviews. :-)

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/146797/Shadow-World-Tales-from-the-Green-Gryphon-Inn?src=hottest_filtered
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1615 on: January 31, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
Wow, never knew that - I bought it during the heydays of 2e for a buddy who always was up for a game when gathering the rest of the group was akin to herding cats!

I’ll have to ask if I ever did run him through it...

Offline grodog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1616 on: February 02, 2020, 08:51:44 PM »

Unfortunately the maps are a bit of a mixed back, in the printed color hardcover:

- p 246:  the regional map's good
- p 247:  the continental map is blurry and pixelated in both the topography and the map labels
- p 248:  the summary map of the city is good
- p 249-252:  the zoomed quarter-section city maps are OK/passable:  the cartography is a bit pixelated and blurry but the labels are all crisply readable
- p 253:  the Jaiman continental map is blurry and pixelated in both the topography and the map labels

I've not printed the maps from the download files as posters yet, because when looking at their file sizes all four versions that I have, are only 661 KB in size, so even the largescale version posted in the thread seems to be the same size/resolution as the other, earlier versions.  My fear is that they'll have the same issues as what's already printed in the book, and perhaps be worse if printed in a larger size. 

Terry:  do you think this is something that's a production/printing issue, or something that can be fixed in the layout if the larger-sized versions didn't make it into the book itself?

Allan.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1617 on: February 03, 2020, 01:24:01 PM »
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/17317/HHQ7-Thiefs-Challenge-II-Beacon-Point-2e
I did not know that about you - either the Thief's Challenge II or that you ran the company that put out Kult. (Just took out my copy and looked: sure enough, there you are. Cool.) While I am not a fan of the Christian-themed mythology stuff, I really liked the rules system of that game; it was Alternity years before Alternity. (I had always wished that the Alternity rules system was what they used for 3rd edition of D&D and not what we got.)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1618 on: February 04, 2020, 01:59:59 AM »
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/17317/HHQ7-Thiefs-Challenge-II-Beacon-Point-2e
I did not know that about you - either the Thief's Challenge II or that you ran the company that put out Kult. (Just took out my copy and looked: sure enough, there you are. Cool.) While I am not a fan of the Christian-themed mythology stuff, I really liked the rules system of that game; it was Alternity years before Alternity. (I had always wished that the Alternity rules system was what they used for 3rd edition of D&D and not what we got.)

For Kult we pretty much used the same system as the original Swedish version. My main goal was to make the English version less blood-splatter gory and more psychological horror. ICE was approached to to the English version but declined, so with the sponsorship of a major distributor, we set up a separate company.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1619 on: February 07, 2020, 03:03:01 AM »
A reminder about a SW book from a few years back, the Shadow World Player Guide. An excellent value, and packed with information, including about Kulthea's moons and solar system, the Lords of Orhan and Dark Gods, and the major races. Richly illustrated with maps and views of various locations. Orhan Phases, realms of magic and climate.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/83779/Shadow-World-Player-Guide--The-World?src=hottest_filtered
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.