Author Topic: Fantasy art kit - Tiles, terrains & tokens kickstarter  (Read 7891 times)

Offline 5th Knight of Xar

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Fantasy art kit - Tiles, terrains & tokens kickstarter
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 02:15:26 AM »
Raymond,
 I had some more time to look at the sight and the preview art. Looks great. Also the kickstarter pledges look very very impressive.
 I wish I had the spare $ or even the spare $2000+ laying around to kick to the project.
Good Luck.
MDC

Many thanks! The project ended up being almost 500% funded, reaching many stretch goals, so I guess people are in for a lot of fantasy rpg art when these kits are created :)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 02:34:18 PM »
I didn't realize it had been this long since I last visited this forum, too long I'd say. Since then, the Fantasy art kit project has completed it's Kickstarter stretch goals and moved beyond, creating even more addon art kits. I'm also in the process of planning and developing complete battlemaps, layouts of ruins, castles, houses, dungeons and more.

You may find detailed descriptions of each art kit created so far, on this website: http://www.rpgartkits.com

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »
For those unaware of the art kits and what you can do with them, here is a tiny example of a top down battlemap created using the fantasy art kits I've created. Buildings come in tilesets, allowing you to create houses and castles, dungeons and ruins of your own ideas, then populate them with creatures, monsters and more:

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 03:22:27 PM »
Looks great. You should put the scale (pixels per foot) somewhere on your site.

Personally, I wouldn't buy art resources that can't be used commercially, but I'm sure they're useful to others.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 08:53:27 AM »

Personally, I wouldn't buy art resources that can't be used commercially, but I'm sure they're useful to others.

The majority of purchasers are gamers and game masters looking to use the artwork with their rpg sessions, though there are
also certain percentage that go for the Developer kit which then allows for commercial use of the artwork.

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »

Thanks for the tip, I will add a clear example of each of the scales typically found in the art kits.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
I didn't see the developer kit. That helps, if someone could make maps and then upgrade their license if they reached the point they thought it was good enough to be commercial.

For me, my most likely commercial usage would be the mini-map for LARP purposes, it's not priced in a way that would make sense for that use.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »
This is a preview of what will become available through my website www.rpgartkits.com next week, a brand new digital character booster made up of warrior elves. They are seen here at much lower resolution than their actual true size, which is typically 512x512 pixels for characters, even larger for riders or larger animals/monsters such as dragons:

The next booster art kit will be made up of Wood elves, this art kit should be released within 2-3 weeks from now.

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
My roleplaying game art assets website has been given a needed upgrade this week and looks better than ever, you may still view it here: www.rpgartkits.com . It's a project I've been working on since 2012, on my own, creating over 10.000 images since the beginning of it. It's a "never-ending process", new content is added all the time. Starting this year, I'm also adding modern times/Sci-fi related content to the website, and starting this week, the occasional quest/campaign maps will slowly make their way up there as well. As a roleplaying games fan for several decades, I am also planning on trying my hands and head at making game modules, much like the old ones made for MERP/Rolemaster.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 08:15:36 AM »
Love the will to keep on keeping on and hope it has all been lucrative at the same time.  Well done.
Can’t wait to see RM modules like the ol’ days!

Much continued success for this as I know many use your work in FG!

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »
Love the will to keep on keeping on and hope it has all been lucrative at the same time.  Well done.
Can’t wait to see RM modules like the ol’ days!

Much continued success for this as I know many use your work in FG!

Thanks Majyk! It's not been a goldmine, but it has provided me with a much appreciated extra but tiny income each year, giving me the opportunity to upgrade my software and computer hardware now and then. I know I would never become rich from doing this, so the motivation lies in the creation process itself mainly :-)

I won't be making any promises yet regarding the game modules, but there is a certain desire to make some of them. I'll be spending some time creating detailed campaign maps first and see how it goes from there.

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »
That was one satisfying feeling, using the artwork you've been spending time creating since 2012, to create your first complete roleplaying games campaign map. Although small, it does not lack details. 90% of the details come from adding pre-created artwork from my art kits onto a blank canvas inside Photoshop, then I've enhanced the parts further using various techniques inside Photoshop. Don't get me wrong, the parts that come straight out of the art kits look great on their own, but if you have the ability and tools to go the extra length..

I quickly found out that starting the map by adding a character for scale and reference is a must, and creating a sketch of the area and buildings also helps making it easier. I then went on by adding in the walls and floor, before adding in everything else.

This is a 2 level map, of a ruin placed at the edge of a cliff, with a hidden entrance to a small cellar, which seems to be in use from time to time by someone, or something. Both maps has a custom grid placed on top of them, making it easier to move player characters and monsters around. The maps being made available for sale through www.rpgartkits.com will come both with and without grids, enabling you to determine the grid size and type yourself should you want to.

Attached are both downsized versions of the 2 levels and cropped portions that show the true size of the maps.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 06:39:14 PM »
Great to hear from you - and with more fabulous artwork!  ;D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 04:56:10 AM »
Great to hear from you - and with more fabulous artwork!  ;D

Hey craggles, long time no chat!

Keeping myself too busy with all sorts of project, from Middle-earth document replicas, weapon/armor replica items, 3D modeling, 3D printing, 2D artwork and the list goes on.

Started working on a new set of dungeon/castle tiles last night, should be a nice upgrade to the tilesets already available(monsters added for scale purposes):

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »
I've created and made available another art kit, one that I've been working on since the beginning of Easter this year. The final count is approx 500 new images created for the GMC - Dungeon haste kit 2: Limestone & Marble. This new art kit uses much of the same principles of the first Dungeon haste art kit, but it contains all new artwork not found in any of the other art kits. It also has a few new ways to create dungeons, using the Flex-wall system included in this art kit. The style is also new and improved, with walls that mimic a 3D effect instead of the usual direct top-down view.

This art kit has been sent out to the lifetime subscribers to the art kits, and it has been made available for purchase through www.rpgartkits.com