Author Topic: Changes to existing modules (RM2 to RMSS conversion)  (Read 3456 times)

Chaman

Changes to existing modules (RM2 to RMSS conversion)
« on: December 07, 2007, 06:38:38 AM »
I'm converting some of the modules to RMSS and plan on adding material and correcting errors so the next time I use the module I'll have everything handy.

I also understand that some of the modules have continuity issues and am interested in what the specific issues are.

At present I'm working on Norek
I've started converting NPCs (built an excel form, but it's a nasty looking workbook)
Plan on adding expanded racial data for lycanthropes as well as adding the idea of a "racial matrix" (think racial templates)
More detail on the rewards from the werewolf encounter (inheriting the businesses always bothered me, but it really isn't that bad)
double checking the maps & layouts and rewards of all adventures

For Orgillion Horror
I already have a redesigned manor as the original was horrid: "secret passages" along exterior walls in rooms that should have windows, stairs not lining up, a spacious dining hall that's 20x40 (big for a modern middle-class home, but hardly inspiring for a Baron or Count), then there's the problem of food storage; where is it? it's a 15x15 room; I added a basement and enlarged the kitchen.

The crypt isn't as bad, but it suffers from making a few hidden areas too obvious.

adding guideline for what would be available in the house (including books) and what would not.

Hmm, I'm rambling a little, time for bed.

If I can make a suitable document, I'll see if Terry approves and go from there.
If it becomes available it will likely only be the material I've added, and the original module will be needed to make sense of it.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Changes to existing modules (RM2 to RMSS conversion)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »
As for what furnishings would be available, I would suggest you find a copy of "....and a ten foot pole".  That book breaks down equipment and furnishings by time period in a very suitable fashion.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Chaman

Re: Changes to existing modules (RM2 to RMSS conversion)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
Since Orgillion and a few others have encounters in rooms I plan on adding furnishings to many of the rooms.
I may even go as far as making a few fold-up miniatures or providing info neccessary to use existing fold-ups like Fat Dragon Games sets

Luckily, I started RM a long time ago and I think I have managed to get everything released for RM since the mid ninties (including the Essence Companion and Castles and Ruins)

I'll probably get a copy of Harp related data and notes as well
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 03:03:52 PM by Chaman »