Author Topic: RMU Shadow World Conversion  (Read 902 times)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU Shadow World Conversion
« on: February 24, 2021, 03:20:05 PM »
There's been some talk of making an RMU conversion or handbook for Kulthea (Tbigness also posted a thread about some aspects of it a while back: https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=17089.0 ), so I thought I'd start a threat to consider the possible things in it, now that RMU is advancing towards publication. I am assuming Terry is not interested in doing the conversions himself, but he did note (in Tbigness's thread) that he would consider being editor.

The main questions are, I think, two:
--What would you like to see converted, specifically?
--Are you willing/able to do any of the conversion work yourself (i.e. contribute to the final product)?

In regards to what should be in it, here are the things I can think of off the top of my head:

--Stats for all the Kulthean races. (Brian H. gave an early version of this, and I've already started on my own conversion, so I can happily volunteer for that).
--Stats for creatures and NPCs, both individuals and Master Military Charts.
--Stats for Kulthean-specific Talents/Flaws.
--Stats for Kulthean-specific weapons/armor.
--Stats for Kulthean-specific items, including herbs, gems, and metals (correlated with RMU Treasure Law).
--Updated versions of Kulthean-specific spell lists such as the Navigator lists.
--Some clarification on Kulthean languages in regards to how they relate to one another (there is extensive discussion of that in Tbigness's thread, and a cool language map by MisterK)

Is there anything else on the list -- remembering of course that this would have to be just a conversion, not any new material, I am assuming?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: RMU Shadow World Conversion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »
Thanks Hurin. There is someone interested in working on this, but we don't have a good list of what needs to be in there.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMU Shadow World Conversion
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 03:53:40 PM »
Ok, thanks JDale. I had been talking to Eladan too about this, so I thought I would make the list. I know Brian H. has also done some work on SW stuff.

If the person who is really taking this on is interested, I would be happy to share my work on the races so far, or do that part. I have about 10 races done.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle