Author Topic: Herbs - here, there and everywhere?  (Read 2684 times)

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Herbs - here, there and everywhere?
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »
I would really like to ICE put out a book dealing with herbs alone. If one exists please, do let me know. If Im not wrong herbs are scattered over several books.

I do have the Hands of the Healer pdf - but this is certainly "not rolemaster" - and I have a love/hate realtionship towards the book. I like tha fact that there are plenty of herbs and that they are well descibed in all respects. But, it is hard to use, as its listed alphabetically IIRC.

IMHO a book on herbs shold have a twofold ordering. I would love to see the same hersb displayed twice; Once ordered on the basis of what they do (e.g. stop bleed, organ rapair, poisons etc), and once ordered on the basis of where they are found. Sometimes you are looking to cure an damaged organ and you need to see all those herbs quickly. Other times you are in a rain forrest and simply want to go foraging.

Now, Im willing to bet that some of you guys have all ready made a compilation of all the herbs in the various books. But, I assume copyright issues makes it hard for us to share such home brew compilations through this forum? That would be very understandable.
If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Herbs - here, there and everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
No, no my friend. I believe there are some excellent compilations in the download area..
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:43:57 AM »
I've never thought about a book on herbs but now that you mention it, I'd like to see that too!

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:23:30 AM »
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item673

It took me a bit of digging.
This is an excellent tool.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:05:20 AM »
That's just perfect! Thanks a lot!  ;D
If you're having fun, you're doing it right!