Author Topic: Any ETA for Campaign Law?  (Read 2791 times)

Offline valmarik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Any ETA for Campaign Law?
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:08:25 PM »
I have not been here in a long time, so I may have missed announcements!

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Any ETA for Campaign Law?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »
It will be finished as soon as you start writing it. :P
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline valmarik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »
Cool, so who do I talk to about getting started? :P

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »
http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=cinfo/proposals
 ;D

Offline valmarik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
Cool, will do!

butscharoni

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »
I don't want to be obnoxious about this, but since i don't read all that is posted on this forums, i am not that good informed of current statuses and plans.

Will Campaign Law ever come out? I only found some old post mentioning a hiatus, but with the hope of it going forward at some point. Since a really long time has passed until it was announced, i wonder if it will ever see the light of day?

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »
From the contents of this read can be seen that ICE has nobody working on the product, but that Valmarik some days ago was considering doing an proposal. Even if work has already begun I think it is fairly safe to assume that it will take lots of time until a finished product can be for sale.
/Pa Staav

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »
I am probably being a jerk here, but is reading five short one-sentence posts really a burden?

butscharoni

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 02:42:51 AM »
I am probably being a jerk here, but is reading five short one-sentence posts really a burden?

You know, reading this made me really angry. But then again, considering your first post in this thread i probably should not be surprised.

Thing is, of course i read the read and of course it implies, that ICE is not working on it. And that's the reason i tried to ask as politely as i could manage for an official statement to that, because it could also just be that Rasyr used the chance to get more people on board/promote the submission link, without it meaning, that ICE has abandoned this project completely, which frankly, would make me very sad.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 05:33:11 AM »
Thing is, of course i read the read and of course it implies, that ICE is not working on it. And that's the reason i tried to ask as politely as i could manage for an official statement to that, because it could also just be that Rasyr used the chance to get more people on board/promote the submission link, without it meaning, that ICE has abandoned this project completely, which frankly, would make me very sad.

ICE has not abandoned the project completely. However, it is on an extreme back burner until we get somebody to author it.

And if somebody submits a proposal for it that ICE likes, then chances are that we will let them author it.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 05:42:22 AM »
My first post in this thread is the verbatim response I received the last time I asked about this project, which is why I no longer ask questions. :-X