Author Topic: Cover Color: Blue  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Cover Color: Blue
« on: January 04, 2008, 05:51:20 AM »
Hi,

In my shelf there is the HARP LE hardbound in dark red and next to it the HARP hardbounds in green. Therefore, as it would fit nicely colorwise and also because since SM:P it is the color I associate with "space books":

I would love to have a dark and saturated blue as the background color for the HARP.

And if possible please only one color, I was a bit disappointed by the RMCs where there is a strange brown stripe on the black background on the small side facing you when you put them in a shelf.

BR
Juergen

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
Re: Cover Color: Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »
Aside from his other points (of which I?m completely neutral and/or couldn?t care less), I do agree that it would be nice with some blue books, preferably a darker blue than SM:P and perhaps not so shiny? and HARP SF would look sexy clad in such a colour, I?m certain of this.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:46:20 AM »
It would certainly have to be a different shade of blue than Spacemaster: Privateers for line differentiation, I think. My personal hardbounds of the manuscript have been midnight-black and slate-grey so blue would work on my shelves too!  :)

From my perspective, I'll just be happy to see it published in due course.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
Oh, I like the idea of midnight-black! That sounds very cool to me!
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »
What about indigo? midnight-blue? hehe... I certainly am looking forward to this, also, would it be possible to get the pdf in colour? most pdfs tend to have b/w covers... I know there are reasons for this, but hey I?m only asking and I think it would be very neat!
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:54:53 AM »
RMC is already black (although unfortunately not completely). So black is already used.

And RMCs are on the left hand side before the red LE hardbound, so black/brown-red-green-black would lead to some dullness in my bookshelf.

BR
Juergen

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »
That's true, but not all of the HARP players play or own Rolemaster books. I think that a midnight black with stars, making it look all outer spacey would look really striking.
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 02:25:37 AM »
Doesn't it look GURPS then? :-)

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:33 PM »
Doesn't it look GURPS then? :-)

I wouldn't know. I have only seen a handful of GURPS books in passing.  :)