Author Topic: This blog never dies, but the PCs do!  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Griffonbait

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
This blog never dies, but the PCs do!
« on: December 05, 2007, 03:33:54 AM »
Hey guys, I noticed my last blogging thread went into the archive so I thought I would let you know that, yes, I am continuing it and that it has been going since June 2006 with blog posts based on my Destiny Awaits campaign started in May 2006.

You can check it out at: http://griffonbait-rolemaster.blogspot.com/.

The most recent post reveals my twist of fate for the PCs by incorporating a GURPS Bunnies and Burrows idea where the PCs were turned into Killer Rabbits. A great session with a lot of laughs.

Cheers,
Griffonbait

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: This blog never dies, but the PCs do!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 03:03:23 PM »
Subscribed.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Griffonbait

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 03:50:05 AM »
I was just thinking that sometimes my rulings in the game are not always to RM specifications. If you notice anything then please let me know through the Commenting abilitiy of the blog.

Cheers,
Griffonbait.

Offline Griffonbait

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 09:37:43 PM »
Hi guys, long time no see,

My main reason for getting online here is to promote my continuing blog Destiny Awaits - http://griffonbait.wordpress.com/. It has been running now for over 2.5 years, and yes, characters still know how to die.

You will notice that the blog location has changed. Wordpress is so much better.

Cheers,
- Griffonbait

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »
I was just thinking that sometimes my rulings in the game are not always to RM specifications.

Have you ever played Paranoia? I can't swear it's verbatim, but the basic philosophy is that neither PC survival nor obeying the rules is the point. The point is to create something that's fun and good theatre. If you manage that, screw the rules.
The rules are only there to keep you consistent enough to be fun.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:45:53 PM »
I was just thinking that sometimes my rulings in the game are not always to RM specifications.

Have you ever played Paranoia...The point is to create something that's fun and good theatre. If you manage that, screw the rules.
The rules are only there to keep you consistent enough to be fun.

Amen brotha.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »
I said praise the Almighty Computer!! Rules are for chumps!! Security clearance is everything!!

PS: Please report to the termination vats for immediate disposal. The Computer is your friend.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Griffonbait

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »
Well I thought I would bump this again - 9 months on since the last time.

Destiny Awaits - http://griffonbait.wordpress.com/

The blog has been going for over 3 years now, as has the campaign.

I encourage you all to have a read and leave a comment if you so desire. Remember that it is a blog and so it has only the most recent posts on the front page.

Enjoy,
- Griffonbait