Author Topic: If there are Bronco's fans here...  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
If there are Bronco's fans here...
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
You can suck it! ;)

GO HAWKS!
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: If there are Bronco's fans here...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
I blame my disinterest in sports on growing up in a town where both the football team and baseball team were terrible. So, I suppose teams change, but now I am somewhat bemused at the performance of my former home team, the Seahawks.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:35 PM »
Wow.  I Actually started to feel bad for them towards the end there.  Manning deserves better than that.
- Cory Magel

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
I was cheering for the Seahawks, but I never expected that kind of blowout.

The first snap seemed to be the blow from which Denver could never recover.  I also liked the Denver head coach's comment when asked, "What happened out there tonight?"

He said, "We ran into a defensive buzz-saw."

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:38:50 PM »
Yeah, obviously I'm a Hawks fan - all the way back to the Jim Zorn days.  All biased aside I figured we had a far better shot than we were being given credit for, but I didn't expect it to go like that.  I don't know as if the Safety is what did it so much as us scoring right after that (it really sucks when you give a team 2 points then have to kick the ball off to them again), then them immediately going four and out, then us scoring right away again.

You can't really be too hard on Denver though.  Seattle also did almost nothing wrong - a couple penalties, but other than that we played a pretty darn near perfect game.  Also, if you look at history when the #1 Offense (Denver) plays the #1 Defense (Seattle) the defense wins like 85% of the time or something like that.

It was interesting listening to them talk about Manning, about how a lot of people think he's the best quarterback that's ever played.  Statistically that might be true, but when you're on the field those statistics don't mean as much as the seem like they should.  (Also, someone would have a hard time convincing me that Montana doesn't get to keep that title).
- Cory Magel