Author Topic: RoCo 6 unified skill system questions  (Read 1076 times)

Offline dEon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RoCo 6 unified skill system questions
« on: January 20, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »
I am looking at doing a campaign using the unified skill system presented in RoCo 6, and had a pair of questions. first, I was curious as to why anyone would specialize in an interdisciplinary skill before rank 10, as there was no penalty for using the generic skill.
Example: I'm making a rogue character. He is going to use daggers as a primary weapon. What reason is there to specialize in Edged Weapon:dagger over generic Edged Weapon.
 Secondly, I couldn't find a skill for generic monster knowledge, like Demon Lore or Faerie Lore from RoCo 2 secondary skills. Region Lore seems like a good analogue for most, but has anyone used the system and have any advice on better skills?

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: RoCo 6 unified skill system questions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:00:29 AM »
I'm not familiar with the system and seeing the low reaction to it, I decided to take a look but I found your general monster lore skill: its zoology on page 99. For intelligent humanoids of a lesser tech level, use anthropology and for societies of equal, or better, tech level: use sociology (although it isn't listed).

I also found the reason for developing specializations: because the GM is advised to limit the number of DP to be put in general skills, to 75%, each level. Otherwise: simultaneous development of the skill and its specialization, from a reality viewpoint, gives a double bonus.
Game On!