Author Topic: Nashville, TN  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Nashville, TN
« on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:34 PM »
Hello All!

I have a RMSS and RMFRP group in Nashville, TN.  19 to 40 (yea its a wide span! LOL)

Post if you want a new RP home! 

Thanks!
Drev
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Nashville, TN
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:09 PM »
How often do you play? When do you usually play?

I ask because I have a rotating schedule* and live in Knoxville, but would love to play in an RMSS/FRP game.

Rand

*One month I work mon-thur, the next thur-sun.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
Hello Rand!

We play every 2 weeks starting this weekend on Saturday and have a blast! I don’t know if the schedule will permit you to play as we are trying to schedule these games bi-monthly.

If you could somehow swing every 2 weeks on Saturday let me know because we always enjoy a new face!  We currently have 4 players and you would make a 5th.  Typically, the max we have (or where everyone gets a say) is up to 6 players - any more than that and I feel it detracts from the game for the individual.  I like quality time for each player and really enjoy watching individuals advance to 15th or 22nd level!!!

Drev

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »
Like I mentioned, every other month I have weekends off. If the bi-monthly game is on those months, then cool. I currently have weekends off, but that is changing after this weekend, so in April (next month) I will be working weekends and in May I will have weekends off. (Though at the very end of the month I will be going out of town for a week.)

I think I could make it out there 2 twice a month, no problem, and have been intching to pay RM at high levels. (I would love to play 50th+ level!)

BTW: What setting do you use?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:47 AM »
Yes a 50+ level game would be quite epic!

I don’t know if it will work only coming to one month and then off a month. I can present this to the group and let them see if they want to give it a try!

As far as the setting, I use ALL or most of these: LotR (old modules and new), Dungeon Magazine, D*D 2.x, 3.0 and 3.5 modules, Darksun, Planescape, ShadowWorld, Middle Earth RP, D20 modules (by various authors) and I am starting to review the 4.0 modules although they don’t convert very easy :( (not like the 3.5 D*D stuff).

I hope this answers your questions, I am currently running my own world where a Dwarven King was slain and his son is restoring the throne. 

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »
I love Dark Sun and would gladly drive the distance for a good game set under the red sun of Athas. I remember playing a half-elf ranger with green hair.... (Yes, I stole the look. And I'll do it again!)  8)

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »
Nice  ;D
ok I will hit up the group and see what they think. 
Every other Month you could show up for 2 sessions on Saturday.
I will let you know!
Drev

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 10:35:31 PM »
Check out the Far-Go (revised version) in the Vault. It is the PC info packet of my current Gamma World game. I love PA!! Probably why I love Dark Sun - though I am pretty-sure it has something to do with the fantastic Brom art! He is my favorite artist to come out of the gaming industry.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 10:41:59 PM »
There are some other things I need to know, like are you starting at level 1?

(I don't like that. In my opinion, professional/adult doesn't truly begin until you are 5th level - though you could could push it back to 3rd. Also, I have only once in my 30+ years of gaming taken a character from 1st level to anything close to high levels and that was 1st to 8th in an ADnD game many, many years ago. Never have I played a game since, where we went more than 2-3 levels before the game broke up. Remember : RM is a game of unlimited levels, basically.)

How do you handle talents and flaws from the character companion?

(I like them. RM is a deadly game and the PCs need all the help they can get, plus there are some cool roleplaying opportunities in many of the flaws - with rules to enforce the player in RPing them.)

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 12:34:04 AM »
Hey again!

We have a whole gambit of changed rules (overly used or misunderstood or imbalanced rules, etc)
I have a document which describes these house/optional rules changes.
It covers all sorts of rulings discussed on this forum and some that weren't.
One of the huge topics was Talents/Flaws.  Things like stacking talents and picking overly picked flaws (albino and colorblind) to match things like Power. :) We cleared the air on all that stuff.  Almost all the Talents are useable except for BbaWG (Blessed by a War God) and Power.

As far as starting a character goes, if the group starts at 1 then everyone starts at one.  Since we only play every 2 weeks then the players usually get around 5k exp per game.  More at higher levels.  So you advance about every 2 weeks. It’s nice that way, because you only have 24 game sessions and within an "actual" year you can hit 12th to 15th level.  However, if you play less you will get less, which goes without saying.

I can send you the rules changes if you like! Let me know.

Currently still "alive" high levels include a 22nd Paladin (evil) and a 23rd level Fighter and Thief (which are currently in limbo since their campaign ended) 20th level Paladin and a 20th level fire mage.

The current campaign group is 10th level (and this campaign is about to come to an resting point for a while)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
So you are going to start back at 1st or are you planning on continuing with the 10th level characters?

Sure, send me the info packet, you will be able to get my email address from my webboard info, I believe.

BbaWG is for a solo, or a very small group, but is still a bit of a pain in the @#&*.