Author Topic: Support new ERA features and the online server  (Read 747 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Support new ERA features and the online server
« on: May 19, 2023, 11:31:19 AM »
I have started working on an ERA online service. This will allow GMs and players to access it without the need to host it locally, anywhere, at any time, with the latest features and fixes.

Doing this requires not only a lot of development time but also additional monthly costs to set up and maintain the cloud server on which it would run.

Instead of developing the service first and then trying to recover the cost and keep it running, I’m launching a crowdfunding/kickstarter/donation campaign using the simplest form possible: PayPal.

You can use the button below to contribute a one-time payment or set up a monthly donation. There is no minimum value here; every penny helps.

If all goes well, once the development of the online service is ready, it will be offered at a fixed monthly price, likely between 3 and 5 USD. Those who contribute before that will have their contributions considered as advance payment for the service at twice the value. For example, if you donate 3 USD now, and the service is established at 3 USD/month, your first two months will already be covered once we launch.

I can’t make any promises other than starting work on it. Refunds are not possible, so in case the project cannot be completed, the contributions will be used for additional development time of new ERA features.

If you’re not interested in using the online server but would still like to support the development of new ERA features, you can use the same button to contribute. User funding is always appreciated.

Having an account for the online server does not include the book packages available for ERA. You will still need to purchase the corresponding content via DTRPG, which will then be connected to the online server.

Thank you for your contribution!

Contribute 🙂

Offline nash

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Homepage
Re: Support new ERA features and the online server
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 12:31:38 PM »
BTW: Setting up am AMI or similar so someone could easily launch it on AWS may be a great move.

And you could put it on the marketplace too.

Offline Melencir

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 05:42:53 AM »
Would love a Shadow World RMU add to this, especially those races that are there.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 05:27:47 PM »
BTW: Setting up am AMI or similar so someone could easily launch it on AWS may be a great move.
And you could put it on the marketplace too.
For the moment, it's going to be hosted on Digital Ocean, since it's what I can hope to learn by discussing it with people at my day job.
I'm certain using AWS would be great, but the learning curve and the maintenance cost is way out of my league at the moment.
There's always hope to see this project grow and it could always be migrated in that case.

Would love a Shadow World RMU add to this, especially those races that are there.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Currently ERA has a SW package for RMC and another for RMFRP, but there can't be an RMU SW package until ICE releases official content for that.
If you have made custom RMU races for SW, or want to add some defined by someone in the forum, you can always add them to ERA.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 04:07:32 PM »
The ERA online server is now ready for its first users.
Get your very own account, available anytime, accessible from anywhere, to manage your tabletop adventures and characters!

If you like ERA, but would like to have your installation running in the cloud, without the hassle of managing the server on your local computer, this is for you. All the features you already know are there:
Access the step-by-step character creation, level up and get printable character sheets.
Resolve combat with full support for initiative, attack, spell casting, maneuvers, resistances, and obviously criticals!
Check your character during an ongoing adventure, with adjusted bonus values for maneuvering and spell casting, open the full spell book, and review their inventory.
Create treasures and encounters using the random tables.
Add your own races, professions, cultures, attack tables, criticals, herbs, background options, creatures, skills, spells, and more!

Subscription has a cost of 5 USD per month. You can also subscribe for a full year, at the special price of 45 USD.

Since there are still improvements to be made, and September is already in progress, subscriptions will count October as the first month. So if you subscribe now, you get a lot of extra days on the house.

To subscribe, use the following PayPal link
https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=J2RTNZ63H2XBA

If you want to use a different mail for your account than the one used when subscribing, write to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net

The ERA online server is a service offered independently of the book packages you can find on DTRPG.
After registering, you will be able to install your purchased packages just as you do with the free local product.
After installation, all packages will be kept up to date automatically as part of the service.
You also get guaranteed access to the latest features, since the online server will always run the latest version of ERA.