Author Topic: RM version question  (Read 2213 times)

lordmalachdrim

RM version question
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:07 PM »
I know this has probably been answered before but please bear with me.

I use to play and run RMSS but I've been away from RM for a good long while now and I just picked up RMC. After looking though it I noticed that it has both things I like and things I don't like. I like the way skills are set up (RMSS didn't have too many but I didn't like the category + skill deal). But I liked the way professions and races were set in RMSS better (just seemed easier to reference things).

Guess what I'm asking is how hard would it be to take RMSS and just swap out the skill set up?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM version question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:23:44 PM »
RMSS also has about twice the number of development points than RMC has. So you would have to adjust them.

As for the skills themselves, RMC averages stats while RMSS adds them, so the RMSS stat bonuses are smaller. You best bet there is to just add a stat to most skills to make sure each has 3 stats that can easily be added together (either that or change the stat bonuses to be RMC-like and average them -- I prefer the additive method myself).

Another issue to watch out for is the O/E/R skills, you will either have to ditch them or change how they work (personally, I would suggest changing the DP costs for the skills accordingly (i.e. divide by 3, rounded up; divide by 2, rounded up; and double).

Other than those issues, swapping out the skill system should be a snap (since the skill system is the largest difference between them).

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:08 AM »
Thanks for the speedy reply. Another question. I was reading though RMC and couldn't find where it states the penalties an orc suffers in day light. Or anything like racial disadvantages or hard number on the advantages either. Are these in Character Law and I just missed them or are they in Creatures and Treasures?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 12:55:34 PM »
IIRC, they are listed in C&T if you want to use them. Character Law gives a basic verbal description, but doesn't go into details. Chapter 6 of Character Law is background options and Table 06-02 includes the option "Offset Racial Flaw" which can reduce those penalties.

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 06:29:04 PM »
looks like C&T is moving up on my to get list.